MARCH: You don't own our town
I REFER to last week s story in the Cambs Times – shoppers anger at store parking. Personally I would have thought that a supermarket manager would have better things to do than to pose in a newspaper. For instance he could be negotiating with interested
I REFER to last week's story in the Cambs Times - shoppers' anger at store parking. Personally I would have thought that a supermarket manager would have better things to do than to pose in a newspaper.
For instance he could be negotiating with interested parties to sort out the problems he says he has. He doesn't help matters either with veiled threats of Sainsbury's moving outside the town or expanding upwards.
So it would be disastrous for March if Sainsbury's moved out of town wouldn't it. I don't think so; we are well served with major stores to keep the shoppers in town. Heron food stores opening soon in the old Woolworth's stores, Co-op taking over Somerfield, Lidl's, Costcutters, March Supermarkets and other shops catering for the needs of March shoppers.
Get wise Mr Manager and get round the table quick before your bosses come down on you. Just remember Sainsbury's or any other major store doesn't own March.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Emporium takes business to next level
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 5 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 6 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 7 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink