MARCH: You don't own our town
I REFER to last week s story in the Cambs Times – shoppers anger at store parking. Personally I would have thought that a supermarket manager would have better things to do than to pose in a newspaper. For instance he could be negotiating with interested
I REFER to last week's story in the Cambs Times - shoppers' anger at store parking. Personally I would have thought that a supermarket manager would have better things to do than to pose in a newspaper.
For instance he could be negotiating with interested parties to sort out the problems he says he has. He doesn't help matters either with veiled threats of Sainsbury's moving outside the town or expanding upwards.
So it would be disastrous for March if Sainsbury's moved out of town wouldn't it. I don't think so; we are well served with major stores to keep the shoppers in town. Heron food stores opening soon in the old Woolworth's stores, Co-op taking over Somerfield, Lidl's, Costcutters, March Supermarkets and other shops catering for the needs of March shoppers.
Get wise Mr Manager and get round the table quick before your bosses come down on you. Just remember Sainsbury's or any other major store doesn't own March.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 6 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink