MARCH: Why was there a rush with the opening of the bandstand?
I WRITE with regard to the article featured on page 2 of last week s Cambs Times entitled Water Music . Why hold the opening ceremony for this long-awaited bandstand on a Monday in November? Surely this could have waited until the first event is held nex
I WRITE with regard to the article featured on page 2 of last week's Cambs Times entitled 'Water Music'.
Why hold the opening ceremony for this long-awaited bandstand on a Monday in November? Surely this could have waited until the first event is held next year in the better weather?
Whilst I have no objection whatsoever to musicians from Neale Wade Community College "christening" the bandstand, why did Fenland/March Town councillors not ask any, if not all, the local brass bands to also take part? A band stand does suggest that bands, in particular brass bands, will be performing in it.
Failing that, it would have been nice for a representative of each brass band to have been invited to attend this opening ceremony. However, the first our band knew of it was when it appeared in the local press!
Chairman March Brass 2000
- 1 Town road to remain closed following serious crash
- 2 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 3 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 6 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 7 OPINION: Jettison inertia and save money
- 8 WEIRD NORFOLK: The local shoe shop haunted by a 'one-legged poltergeist'
- 9 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 10 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
FOOTNOTE: Fenland Council said: "We needed to open the bandstand before Christmas because we are in discussions with schools in March to provide a band for a Christmas carol concert in the park.
"We felt it was important for young people from March should embrace this new facility. The bandstand is open to all bands. Anyone who would like to book it should contact Bob Ollier, the parks and open spaces manager, on 01354 654321 or email email@example.com .