MARCH: Why didn't police do more to stop these horrendous so called snowball fights?
DID you know that a sizable group of teenagers, both girls and boys, in the March car park behind Somerfield were throwing snowballs at passing cars on Thursday February 5. Not just a few snowballs but a rain of them. It started with them pelting the car
DID you know that a sizable group of teenagers, both girls and boys, in the March car park behind Somerfield were throwing snowballs at passing cars on Thursday February 5.
Not just a few snowballs but a rain of them. It started with them pelting the car of someone they knew, then another one, but by the time a third car went past it was indiscriminate and seemingly beginning to escalate.
I made the mistake of going to the West End Park with my wife and children, and as we were leaving (we parked in the car park) we felt genuinely frightened.
We had several snowballs thrown at us as we were getting in the car, though fortunately they didn't pelt us like the ones that were driving past. What made the situation much worse I thought was the fact that the police station is actually in view from the bottom of the car park where they were, yet no one was coming down to do anything about it.
You may also want to watch:
Are the police that frightened or under staffed?
Why does March high street suddenly feel like some of the rougher parts of the cities? My family and I will never go back to that part of March if we see so many youth there together.
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 10 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
They obviously have a lot of anger and I don't want it taken out on my family.