MARCH: Why didn't police do more to stop these horrendous so called snowball fights?
DID you know that a sizable group of teenagers, both girls and boys, in the March car park behind Somerfield were throwing snowballs at passing cars on Thursday February 5. Not just a few snowballs but a rain of them. It started with them pelting the car
DID you know that a sizable group of teenagers, both girls and boys, in the March car park behind Somerfield were throwing snowballs at passing cars on Thursday February 5.
Not just a few snowballs but a rain of them. It started with them pelting the car of someone they knew, then another one, but by the time a third car went past it was indiscriminate and seemingly beginning to escalate.
I made the mistake of going to the West End Park with my wife and children, and as we were leaving (we parked in the car park) we felt genuinely frightened.
We had several snowballs thrown at us as we were getting in the car, though fortunately they didn't pelt us like the ones that were driving past. What made the situation much worse I thought was the fact that the police station is actually in view from the bottom of the car park where they were, yet no one was coming down to do anything about it.
You may also want to watch:
Are the police that frightened or under staffed?
Why does March high street suddenly feel like some of the rougher parts of the cities? My family and I will never go back to that part of March if we see so many youth there together.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Emporium takes business to next level
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 6 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
They obviously have a lot of anger and I don't want it taken out on my family.