MARCH: UKIP 'rants' and Kit Owen's comments really raised my hackles
THERE were two pieces in your paper this week which really raised my hackles.The first was from Len Baines who is the local mouthpiece for that rag-bag of ex national Front, Empire Loyalists and Monday Club Tories known variously as UKIP and also The Ind
THERE were two pieces in your paper this week which really raised my hackles.
The first was from Len Baines who is the local mouthpiece for that rag-bag of ex national Front, Empire Loyalists and Monday Club Tories known variously as UKIP and also The Independence Party.
Interesting that he should blame some of Britain's problems on Eastern Europeans in the same week as it was announced that more people from that region are now leaving the UK than entering, and employers are complaining of staff shortages.
Also, he talks about fortnightly bin collections. My bins are collected every week. One week it is the bin for waste that cannot be recycled and the next week it is for food waste and garden debris and also paper and packaging materials. The system works very nicely, or is he saying that his members are too thick to work it out?
The other piece was the incredible rant from Kit Owen against his party's leadership. I'm no supporter of Cameron (in fact, I'd rather be disembowelled by a rusty screwdriver than vote for them) but Cllr Owens's views are going back to the dark ages.
I thought the last dinosaur had disappeared years ago.
- 1 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 4 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 5 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 6 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 7 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 8 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 9 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 10 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
M.G. Mitchell, March