MARCH: Take away the humps and put speed cameras instead
IF Steve, in last week s letters, lives in Upwell Road and does not realise that there is a school crossing at the Upwell Road Elwyn Road junction then he is clearly not a cyclist. All Neale-Wade pupils that cycle from the north-east part of the town are
IF Steve, in last week's letters, lives in Upwell Road and does not realise that there is a school crossing at the Upwell Road Elwyn Road junction then he is clearly not a cyclist.
All Neale-Wade pupils that cycle from the north-east part of the town are routed via Wigstone's Bridge, Deerfield Road, New Road, Badgeney Road along Elwyn Road and across Upwell Road to Eastwood Road and via the Sconce to the Cavalry Park entrance of the College.
Crossing Upwell Road from Elwyn Road to Eastwood Road is fraught with danger because you cannot see to the right from either side; it is an accident waiting to happen.
It does not want speed humps but a traffic light controlled pedestrian / cyclist crossing.
You may also want to watch:
Speed humps should not be used anywhere they damage cars and passengers.
If there is a 30mph speed limit it should be possible to proceed at 30mph, all speed humps demand going at 15 mph or less to cross them comfortably. They waste fuel, as cars slow down and speed up again at each bump and this also increases noise and vibration especially from heavy vehicles.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
There will always be idiots who break the speed limits but why should the majority of sensible drivers have to put up with !*!!**! humps.
Take them away and put in speed cameras instead.
JOAN MUNNS (Mrs)