MARCH: Take away the humps and put speed cameras instead
IF Steve, in last week s letters, lives in Upwell Road and does not realise that there is a school crossing at the Upwell Road Elwyn Road junction then he is clearly not a cyclist. All Neale-Wade pupils that cycle from the north-east part of the town are
IF Steve, in last week's letters, lives in Upwell Road and does not realise that there is a school crossing at the Upwell Road Elwyn Road junction then he is clearly not a cyclist.
All Neale-Wade pupils that cycle from the north-east part of the town are routed via Wigstone's Bridge, Deerfield Road, New Road, Badgeney Road along Elwyn Road and across Upwell Road to Eastwood Road and via the Sconce to the Cavalry Park entrance of the College.
Crossing Upwell Road from Elwyn Road to Eastwood Road is fraught with danger because you cannot see to the right from either side; it is an accident waiting to happen.
It does not want speed humps but a traffic light controlled pedestrian / cyclist crossing.
Speed humps should not be used anywhere they damage cars and passengers.
If there is a 30mph speed limit it should be possible to proceed at 30mph, all speed humps demand going at 15 mph or less to cross them comfortably. They waste fuel, as cars slow down and speed up again at each bump and this also increases noise and vibration especially from heavy vehicles.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 3 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 4 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 5 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 6 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 7 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 8 Detectives given longer to question Downham Market murder suspects
- 9 Travel firm to send our special Covid carers on a 'thank you' holiday
- 10 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
There will always be idiots who break the speed limits but why should the majority of sensible drivers have to put up with !*!!**! humps.
Take them away and put in speed cameras instead.
JOAN MUNNS (Mrs)