MARCH: Plea to keep shops local and based in the town.
I WAS amazed to read on page seven of last week s paper that Peacocks had been given permission by the council to build yet another out of town retail unit. Surely we need to keep shops within the town itself and with the sad demise of Woolworth s they c
I WAS amazed to read on page seven of last week's paper that Peacocks had been given permission by the council to build yet another out of town retail unit.
Surely we need to keep shops within the town itself and with the sad demise of Woolworth's they could utilise that store or the empty Freezer Shop, or the Bed Shop recently shut.
All easily accessible to the young ones who would use Peacocks.
I'm sure the town doesn't want to end up like Wisbech but to improve on what we have in town already.
You may also want to watch:
Don't let March become a place full of Building Societies and charity shops. We definitely don't need any more out of town shops.
- 1 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 5 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 'I hit brick walls' says guardian fighting for child mental health support
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son