MARCH: Lorries on speed bumps wake us up every morning
I LIVE near the speed bumps situated on the other side of the new roundabout and myself and my neighbours have been experiencing the same problems as the people on the front of the paper. I have lived in this property for the last 18 years, travel along
I LIVE near the speed bumps situated on the other side of the new roundabout and myself and my neighbours have been experiencing the same problems as the people on the front of the paper.
I have lived in this property for the last 18 years, travel along it numerous times a day and my family have walked to and from the local schools for the last 12 years and have never encountered any problems.
But now the situation is atrocious every morning we are awoken by lorries going over the bumps, we have witnessed several cars coming close to collision when the car crossing the bump has to virtually stop and the one behind has to brake suddenly, cars all over the road trying to avoid the bumps.
We have tried to explain our problems to the Highways Department but after numerous phone calls by myself and my neighbours we have not been able to speak to anyone about the problems we are experiencing.
You may also want to watch:
The county council say this is part of the safer routes to school but nobody seems to care what effect the implementation of this new scheme has had on the local residents.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 8 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide