MARCH: Lorries on speed bumps wake us up every morning
I LIVE near the speed bumps situated on the other side of the new roundabout and myself and my neighbours have been experiencing the same problems as the people on the front of the paper. I have lived in this property for the last 18 years, travel along
I LIVE near the speed bumps situated on the other side of the new roundabout and myself and my neighbours have been experiencing the same problems as the people on the front of the paper.
I have lived in this property for the last 18 years, travel along it numerous times a day and my family have walked to and from the local schools for the last 12 years and have never encountered any problems.
But now the situation is atrocious every morning we are awoken by lorries going over the bumps, we have witnessed several cars coming close to collision when the car crossing the bump has to virtually stop and the one behind has to brake suddenly, cars all over the road trying to avoid the bumps.
We have tried to explain our problems to the Highways Department but after numerous phone calls by myself and my neighbours we have not been able to speak to anyone about the problems we are experiencing.
You may also want to watch:
The county council say this is part of the safer routes to school but nobody seems to care what effect the implementation of this new scheme has had on the local residents.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time