MARCH: I still think there are plenty of jams left.
IT seems ironic that Sainsbury s recent advertising campaign in the local press to announce no more jam as a result of the roadworks in the High Street being cleared, when directly outside their store, motorists can still see plenty of jam! No doubt hu
IT seems ironic that Sainsbury's recent advertising campaign in the local press to announce "no more jam" as a result of the roadworks in the High Street being cleared, when directly outside their store, motorists can still see plenty of jam!
No doubt hundreds of motorists still fume at the grid lock that often happens when leaving their store car park off Creek Road.
What makes it even more frustrating is that a solution exists.
Sainbury's gained planning permission several years ago to build an exit only access onto Creek Road and had already started to clear the site when, I understand, the nearby Conservative Club objected on the grounds that their members would not be able to park their cars on the highway where the exit would be located.
You may also want to watch:
While I have no political motives, surely that objection should have been made when the application was being considered and not so late in the day when planning permission had been given and the access was about to be built.
So next time, particularly this Christmas time, as motorists sit in their cars caught up in this unnecessary traffic jam, there is, as they will see, still plenty of jam left!
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 5 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 6 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 7 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 8 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election