MARCH: I still think there are plenty of jams left.
IT seems ironic that Sainsbury s recent advertising campaign in the local press to announce no more jam as a result of the roadworks in the High Street being cleared, when directly outside their store, motorists can still see plenty of jam! No doubt hu
IT seems ironic that Sainsbury's recent advertising campaign in the local press to announce "no more jam" as a result of the roadworks in the High Street being cleared, when directly outside their store, motorists can still see plenty of jam!
No doubt hundreds of motorists still fume at the grid lock that often happens when leaving their store car park off Creek Road.
What makes it even more frustrating is that a solution exists.
Sainbury's gained planning permission several years ago to build an exit only access onto Creek Road and had already started to clear the site when, I understand, the nearby Conservative Club objected on the grounds that their members would not be able to park their cars on the highway where the exit would be located.
You may also want to watch:
While I have no political motives, surely that objection should have been made when the application was being considered and not so late in the day when planning permission had been given and the access was about to be built.
So next time, particularly this Christmas time, as motorists sit in their cars caught up in this unnecessary traffic jam, there is, as they will see, still plenty of jam left!
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 3 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 4 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 5 Tesco staff self-isolate after being ‘pinged’ by track and trace
- 6 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 8 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 9 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 10 Firefighters left tackling 'deliberate' car blaze for over an hour