MARCH: I am staggered at the amount of money which is wasted
WITH reference to the �60,000 mini roundabout traffic calming measures installed in Upwell Road in March, in the current climate I am staggered at the amount of money which seems to have been wasted recently. Not so long ago we saw some rumble strips i
WITH reference to the �60,000 mini roundabout "traffic calming measures" installed in Upwell Road in March, in the current climate I am staggered at the amount of money which seems to have been wasted recently.
Not so long ago we saw some rumble strips installed at the A605 junction along with the new traffic lights.
These were ridiculously large and were very soon removed, at what cost to the taxpayer?
Surely a more appropriate use of the money would be to tackle some areas which are actually dangerous, such as the 1101, or appropriate signage advising people against overtaking where there are dips in the road on the A141 or A47, or even tackling some of the horrendous potholes which seem to be everywhere at the moment.
The roundabout and speed humps in Upwell Road will only serve to frustrate those of us who already observe speed limits, and will have simply created an obstacle course for those that do not.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 3 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 4 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 5 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 6 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 7 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 8 Detectives given longer to question Downham Market murder suspects
- 9 Travel firm to send our special Covid carers on a 'thank you' holiday
- 10 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home