MARCH: I am staggered at the amount of money which is wasted
WITH reference to the �60,000 mini roundabout traffic calming measures installed in Upwell Road in March, in the current climate I am staggered at the amount of money which seems to have been wasted recently. Not so long ago we saw some rumble strips i
WITH reference to the �60,000 mini roundabout "traffic calming measures" installed in Upwell Road in March, in the current climate I am staggered at the amount of money which seems to have been wasted recently.
Not so long ago we saw some rumble strips installed at the A605 junction along with the new traffic lights.
These were ridiculously large and were very soon removed, at what cost to the taxpayer?
Surely a more appropriate use of the money would be to tackle some areas which are actually dangerous, such as the 1101, or appropriate signage advising people against overtaking where there are dips in the road on the A141 or A47, or even tackling some of the horrendous potholes which seem to be everywhere at the moment.
You may also want to watch:
The roundabout and speed humps in Upwell Road will only serve to frustrate those of us who already observe speed limits, and will have simply created an obstacle course for those that do not.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter