MARCH: How to avoid the Broad Street trap
I read with interest that March town centre was brought to a stand still when an articulated lorry broke an air connection in an attempt to turn into Broad Street. I have protested for some time that a 7.5 ton weight limit should be placed at The Fountain
I read with interest that March town centre was brought to a stand still when an articulated lorry broke an air connection in an attempt to turn into Broad Street.
I have protested for some time that a 7.5 ton weight limit should be placed at The Fountain as currently the weight limit only applies to the bridge which is fine if the driver knows exactly where the town bridge is.
If the driver had realised when he had reached the bridge he was about to cross a weight limit what would his alternative route be to avoid the bridge?
New to March lorry drivers often fall foul of what as I describe as the Broad Street trap as for many once they have entered Broad Street they are committed.
Its simple to assist first timers to March and to protect the crumbling Town Bridge put a 7.5 ton weight limit at The Fountain.
Its time that somebody at the council realised they have got it wrong with the signing of the Town Bridge because if it was correct why do so many new lorry drivers to March fall foul of the Broad Street trap.
- 1 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 4 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 5 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 6 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 9 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash