MARCH: How to avoid the Broad Street trap
I read with interest that March town centre was brought to a stand still when an articulated lorry broke an air connection in an attempt to turn into Broad Street. I have protested for some time that a 7.5 ton weight limit should be placed at The Fountain
I read with interest that March town centre was brought to a stand still when an articulated lorry broke an air connection in an attempt to turn into Broad Street.
I have protested for some time that a 7.5 ton weight limit should be placed at The Fountain as currently the weight limit only applies to the bridge which is fine if the driver knows exactly where the town bridge is.
If the driver had realised when he had reached the bridge he was about to cross a weight limit what would his alternative route be to avoid the bridge?
New to March lorry drivers often fall foul of what as I describe as the Broad Street trap as for many once they have entered Broad Street they are committed.
You may also want to watch:
Its simple to assist first timers to March and to protect the crumbling Town Bridge put a 7.5 ton weight limit at The Fountain.
Its time that somebody at the council realised they have got it wrong with the signing of the Town Bridge because if it was correct why do so many new lorry drivers to March fall foul of the Broad Street trap.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Showcase status for Academy
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 7 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 8 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash