MARCH: How to avoid the Broad Street trap
I read with interest that March town centre was brought to a stand still when an articulated lorry broke an air connection in an attempt to turn into Broad Street. I have protested for some time that a 7.5 ton weight limit should be placed at The Fountain
I read with interest that March town centre was brought to a stand still when an articulated lorry broke an air connection in an attempt to turn into Broad Street.
I have protested for some time that a 7.5 ton weight limit should be placed at The Fountain as currently the weight limit only applies to the bridge which is fine if the driver knows exactly where the town bridge is.
If the driver had realised when he had reached the bridge he was about to cross a weight limit what would his alternative route be to avoid the bridge?
New to March lorry drivers often fall foul of what as I describe as the Broad Street trap as for many once they have entered Broad Street they are committed.
You may also want to watch:
Its simple to assist first timers to March and to protect the crumbling Town Bridge put a 7.5 ton weight limit at The Fountain.
Its time that somebody at the council realised they have got it wrong with the signing of the Town Bridge because if it was correct why do so many new lorry drivers to March fall foul of the Broad Street trap.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 5 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 6 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 7 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 8 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election