MARCH: Drivers need to take care on the roads.
A LOT of correspondence has been written over the past few weeks over road safety especially by river banks. But is it just fast driving along the Drains? New crazes seem to be hitting March. Driving at high speed on the exit road around the car park at T
A LOT of correspondence has been written over the past few weeks over road safety especially by river banks. But is it just fast driving along the Drains?
New crazes seem to be hitting March. Driving at high speed on the exit road around the car park at Tesco. On leaving Hostmoor and now having to drive to the by-pass roundabout to return towards Westry, drivers are doing a U-turn before the railway bridge.
But the 'best' road manoeuvres to which we witnessed three times in one day is motorists mounting the pavement and driving some distance to turn left, to beat another motorist into a car park nearly knocking a cyclist off his bike.
I thought it was an offence to enter the yellow boxes and wait for traffic to move on the Darthill Road/Dartford Road and Station Road/Creek Road junctions, park on yellow lines and go off shopping without a valid disabled sticker, or on bus stop areas.
Now I appreciate the concerns of those looking at one aspect of road safety but surely more action must be taken against the increasing number of thoughtless drivers.
- 1 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 2 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 3 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 4 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 5 Teens arrested after woman threatened with hammer in Wisbech
- 6 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 7 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 Official who probed Covid breaches by councillors fears for job
- 10 Post office break-in linked to three other ram raids, say police