MARCH: Discussions held over parade
THE meeting of the Royal British Legion March Branch was held on February 3. There was a record attendance, with special guest, the Mayor of March and also the Reverend Anthony Chandler. The purpose of their visit was to take part in a debate concerning R
THE meeting of the Royal British Legion March Branch was held on February 3.
There was a record attendance, with special guest, the Mayor of March and also the Reverend Anthony Chandler.
The purpose of their visit was to take part in a debate concerning Remembrance Sunday parades and services.
Following comments from everyone at the assembly and with due reference to both the Legion Management Manual and also the Legion Ceremonial and Service handbook, the meeting decided that the parade, organised by the R.B.L complied fully with the protocols set out in both documents.
It was also pointed out the matters of ages and health of some of the veterans to consider in the amount of time the veterans were forced to stand in Broad Street.
It was pointed out by the Standard Bearer Mr K O'Hara that the Ceremonial Bands and some of the Standards have other commitments and parades to attend too.
- 1 Town road to remain closed following serious crash
- 2 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 3 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 6 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 7 OPINION: Jettison inertia and save money
- 8 WEIRD NORFOLK: The local shoe shop haunted by a 'one-legged poltergeist'
- 9 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 10 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
With only one abstention, the meeting voted in favour of the format of the parade remaining as previous years.
The order of marching precedence would also remain unchanged, for this is strictly in accordance with the Ceremonial and Service Handbook.
The separate ceremony at the War Memorial at 11am on November 11 will continue as before.
Press officer/Standard Bearer March R.B.L