MARCH: Discussions held over parade
THE meeting of the Royal British Legion March Branch was held on February 3. There was a record attendance, with special guest, the Mayor of March and also the Reverend Anthony Chandler. The purpose of their visit was to take part in a debate concerning R
THE meeting of the Royal British Legion March Branch was held on February 3.
There was a record attendance, with special guest, the Mayor of March and also the Reverend Anthony Chandler.
The purpose of their visit was to take part in a debate concerning Remembrance Sunday parades and services.
Following comments from everyone at the assembly and with due reference to both the Legion Management Manual and also the Legion Ceremonial and Service handbook, the meeting decided that the parade, organised by the R.B.L complied fully with the protocols set out in both documents.
You may also want to watch:
It was also pointed out the matters of ages and health of some of the veterans to consider in the amount of time the veterans were forced to stand in Broad Street.
It was pointed out by the Standard Bearer Mr K O'Hara that the Ceremonial Bands and some of the Standards have other commitments and parades to attend too.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 4 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 5 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 9 Historic building owners urged to use grant scheme before it’s too late
With only one abstention, the meeting voted in favour of the format of the parade remaining as previous years.
The order of marching precedence would also remain unchanged, for this is strictly in accordance with the Ceremonial and Service Handbook.
The separate ceremony at the War Memorial at 11am on November 11 will continue as before.
Press officer/Standard Bearer March R.B.L