MARCH: Discussions held over parade
THE meeting of the Royal British Legion March Branch was held on February 3. There was a record attendance, with special guest, the Mayor of March and also the Reverend Anthony Chandler. The purpose of their visit was to take part in a debate concerning R
THE meeting of the Royal British Legion March Branch was held on February 3.
There was a record attendance, with special guest, the Mayor of March and also the Reverend Anthony Chandler.
The purpose of their visit was to take part in a debate concerning Remembrance Sunday parades and services.
Following comments from everyone at the assembly and with due reference to both the Legion Management Manual and also the Legion Ceremonial and Service handbook, the meeting decided that the parade, organised by the R.B.L complied fully with the protocols set out in both documents.
You may also want to watch:
It was also pointed out the matters of ages and health of some of the veterans to consider in the amount of time the veterans were forced to stand in Broad Street.
It was pointed out by the Standard Bearer Mr K O'Hara that the Ceremonial Bands and some of the Standards have other commitments and parades to attend too.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 5 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 6 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 7 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 8 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
With only one abstention, the meeting voted in favour of the format of the parade remaining as previous years.
The order of marching precedence would also remain unchanged, for this is strictly in accordance with the Ceremonial and Service Handbook.
The separate ceremony at the War Memorial at 11am on November 11 will continue as before.
Press officer/Standard Bearer March R.B.L