MARCH: Dancing at Christmas lights switch-on was thoroughly enjoyed
IT S a shame to read that the school choir couldn t be heard at the switch-on at March s Christmas lights this year (letters December 12). I, personally, avoided that part of the proceedings. However, after the market place cleared, I thoroughly enjoyed d
IT'S a shame to read that the school choir couldn't be heard at the switch-on at March's Christmas lights this year (letters December 12). I, personally, avoided that part of the proceedings.
However, after the market place cleared, I thoroughly enjoyed dancing in the square. I would have like it to have carried on longer, the band were excellent.
Each to their own, it is the season of goodwill, so please don't be selfish. I'm sure the local schools have arranged Christmas concerts where the children's singing can be heard in the relative warmth and comfort of the school hall.
By the way, if you're curious, I'm a lady in her 50s with three adult sons, who in turn, have their own children.
You may also want to watch:
If you were implying by your letter that the only people left in the square to enjoy the band shouldn't be allowed to participate in the festivities, please open your mind and heed the true spirit of the season.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 6 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 7 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 10 Wisbech boss confident of upturn in fortunes thanks to new-look squad