MARCH: Churches release total of Christian Aid Week
CHURCHES Together in March raised £3,822.83 during Christian Aid Week this year, thanks to the generosity of the people of March. The money was raised through a home made cake stall organised by young people at St Mary s Church, and a coffee morning at T
CHURCHES Together in March raised £3,822.83 during Christian Aid Week this year, thanks to the generosity of the people of March.
The money was raised through a home made cake stall organised by young people at St Mary's Church, and a coffee morning at Trinity Church, with the bulk of the money coming from house to house and street collections.
The sponsored walk, at Galt Wood, organised with the assistance of the March Wildlife Group, helped boost the funds by raising a total of £952.
The money raised during the week, added to monies raised from Christian Aid lunches and other events, means that more than £5,000 has been raised for Christian Aid this year.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks to all those who supported Christian Aid this year.
REV JENNY WEBB
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 6 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 7 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 8 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 9 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
Christian Aid Organiser, Churches Together in March.