MACMILLAN CANCER SUPPORT: Campaign for free prescription
I AM writing to support Macmillan Cancer Support s campaign for free prescriptions in England. No-one should be in a position where they can t afford to pay for prescriptions, yet for one in 10 cancer patients aged 55 and under who have to pay for their p
I AM writing to support Macmillan Cancer Support's campaign for free prescriptions in England.
No-one should be in a position where they can't afford to pay for prescriptions, yet for one in 10 cancer patients aged 55 and under who have to pay for their prescriptions, this is exactly what happens.
The Government is due to publish a consultation to review prescription charges soon, but has said it is not prepared to spend one extra penny on prescriptions. This means any reform will inevitably involve patients losing out.
I am extremely concerned this consultation will be nothing more than tinkering with an inherently unfair system.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 6 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 10 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project