MACMILLAN CANCER SUPPORT: Campaign for free prescription
I AM writing to support Macmillan Cancer Support s campaign for free prescriptions in England. No-one should be in a position where they can t afford to pay for prescriptions, yet for one in 10 cancer patients aged 55 and under who have to pay for their p
I AM writing to support Macmillan Cancer Support's campaign for free prescriptions in England.
No-one should be in a position where they can't afford to pay for prescriptions, yet for one in 10 cancer patients aged 55 and under who have to pay for their prescriptions, this is exactly what happens.
The Government is due to publish a consultation to review prescription charges soon, but has said it is not prepared to spend one extra penny on prescriptions. This means any reform will inevitably involve patients losing out.
I am extremely concerned this consultation will be nothing more than tinkering with an inherently unfair system.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 3 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 6 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 7 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 8 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 9 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 10 Man arrested after 'game of hide and seek' with police dogs and helicopter