MACMILLAN CANCER SUPPORT: Campaign for free prescription
I AM writing to support Macmillan Cancer Support s campaign for free prescriptions in England. No-one should be in a position where they can t afford to pay for prescriptions, yet for one in 10 cancer patients aged 55 and under who have to pay for their p
I AM writing to support Macmillan Cancer Support's campaign for free prescriptions in England.
No-one should be in a position where they can't afford to pay for prescriptions, yet for one in 10 cancer patients aged 55 and under who have to pay for their prescriptions, this is exactly what happens.
The Government is due to publish a consultation to review prescription charges soon, but has said it is not prepared to spend one extra penny on prescriptions. This means any reform will inevitably involve patients losing out.
I am extremely concerned this consultation will be nothing more than tinkering with an inherently unfair system.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 7 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 8 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 9 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 10 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby