MACMILLAN CANCER SUPPORT: Campaign for free prescription
I AM writing to support Macmillan Cancer Support s campaign for free prescriptions in England. No-one should be in a position where they can t afford to pay for prescriptions, yet for one in 10 cancer patients aged 55 and under who have to pay for their p
I AM writing to support Macmillan Cancer Support's campaign for free prescriptions in England.
No-one should be in a position where they can't afford to pay for prescriptions, yet for one in 10 cancer patients aged 55 and under who have to pay for their prescriptions, this is exactly what happens.
The Government is due to publish a consultation to review prescription charges soon, but has said it is not prepared to spend one extra penny on prescriptions. This means any reform will inevitably involve patients losing out.
I am extremely concerned this consultation will be nothing more than tinkering with an inherently unfair system.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit