LEVERINGTON: St Leonard's Church the setting for exhibition in September.
THE historic church of St Leonard s at Leverington will be the setting for an exhibition of quilts, patchwork and needlecraft in September. The church has been described in some guides to local churches as one of the finest in Cambridgeshire and will ma
THE historic church of St Leonard's at Leverington will be the setting for an exhibition of quilts, patchwork and needlecraft in September.
The church has been described in some guides to local churches as one of the finest in Cambridgeshire and will make a fine setting for the exhibition.
The exhibition, entitled 'MAINLY QUILTS', is being organised by the Friends of Leverington Church, who raise much needed funds to help with the upkeep of the church building.
Whilst the focus of the exhibition is on quilts and patchwork there will also be other needlecraft on display.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the display of a variety of quilts and patchwork there will also be a demonstration of lace making and a trade stand provided by Top stitch of Hill Street.
Quilts are being stitched and arrangements made so that all will be ready by September.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
The friends would welcome entries from people in the Wisbech area who might like to display their work.
If anyone is interested in exhibiting some of their work then they should contact Elsa on 01945 581778 for further details.
Mainly Quilts will be held at Leverington Church from Friday September 4 to Sunday September 6.
Refreshments will be available throughout the day. Entry will be free but donations towards the work of the Friends of Leverington Church will be welcome.
Friends of Leverington Church