LETTER: Police patrols seem a good idea, but need looking at in detail
As Cllr Tierney is starting his patrols I would like to know whether the members of his patrols will be CRB checked or will this just be an oversight on his and the councils part.
Will any of them have mentoring skills as they are often needed when dealing with young people? Whill any one of them have drug and alcohol training as this will be needed almost nightly when they will be going out?
Will they be going out in twos for their own protection? Will many women be involved as it often helps when a woman is distressed that she is able to talk to another woman?
I would like to know whether Cllr Tierney will have public liability insurance in place.
This is for his own and the groups protection.
You may also want to watch:
God forbid someone makes a claim for negligence on the groups behalf.
I also need to know which police officers will be involved with this group and how often.
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project
- 10 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
Cllr Tierney will have to have legal protection for the group.
Again, I need to know who this will be with and the level of cover as you need a good level of cover with projects like this.
In principal this is a good idea but it needs looking at and thinking through so no one is put at risk.
Will this group be affiliated to the town council, and will the town council be held responsible if anything goes wrong?
I cannot understand why members of the town council cannot work closely with the police on the issues raised above.
Cllr Paul Clapp
Wisbech North Division