LETTER: Could Gorefield school governors please explain ‘safeguarding requirements’
- Credit: Archant
Could the governors of Gorefield Primary School please supply the readers of the Wisbech Standard with a detailed description of what “safeguarding requirements” are please?
Perhaps then we will have a better understanding as to why the children have been stopped from doing something that is good for them and for everyone else in the area.
If, as your report (October 23, page 5), suggests, the school has made no further comment then I think that is shameful and wrong.
Adults are there to guide and encourage children, and the school governors should tell everyone what it is that they don’t like. If they are unwilling to do that, they should not be governors.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 6 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic
- 7 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 8 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 9 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 10 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart