Leam’s use is eroded
THE Leam has for many years, even generations, been a recreational facility for the people of Friday Bridge. Now, we have notices (three) banning fishing, swimming and presumably skating in winter – given that these activities are impracticable these days
THE Leam has for many years, even generations, been a recreational facility for the people of Friday Bridge.
Now, we have notices (three) banning fishing, swimming and presumably skating in winter - given that these activities are impracticable these days.
Many of those using the grassed area have asked Elm Parish Council to allow us to provide a bench - at our own expense. After months of prevarication we have no positive response from all interested parties, and ultimately Malcolm Moss, our MP.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 6 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer