Leam’s use is eroded
THE Leam has for many years, even generations, been a recreational facility for the people of Friday Bridge. Now, we have notices (three) banning fishing, swimming and presumably skating in winter – given that these activities are impracticable these days
THE Leam has for many years, even generations, been a recreational facility for the people of Friday Bridge.
Now, we have notices (three) banning fishing, swimming and presumably skating in winter - given that these activities are impracticable these days.
Many of those using the grassed area have asked Elm Parish Council to allow us to provide a bench - at our own expense. After months of prevarication we have no positive response from all interested parties, and ultimately Malcolm Moss, our MP.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online