It makes me sick that outsiders can destroy our landscape’
I READ in the Standard about the tree planting at Stags Holt. Does E.ON UK think that planting nine trees will make up for spoiling our Fenland landscape? You cannot go anywhere on the fen now without seeing these ugly wind turbines. In the last 10 years
I READ in the Standard about the tree planting at Stags Holt.
Does E.ON UK think that planting nine trees will make up for spoiling our Fenland landscape? You cannot go anywhere on the fen now without seeing these ugly wind turbines.
In the last 10 years Fenland District Council and the power companies have done more to destroy our fen than anyone has in its history.
You do not see turbines in the touristy areas of the country, or the rich south Cambridgeshire. No, we have to have them here.
You may also want to watch:
At least in hilly areas you can go over the next hill and they are out of site. But not here. You can see them for miles.
And the biggest joke is we were told we had a choice - these or nuclear power.
- 1 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 2 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Share your views on our newspaper via reader survey
- 5 Woman ‘drink driver’ arrested for having no licence or insurance
- 6 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 7 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 8 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 9 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 10 Man who died in road crash is named
Now Tony Blair is saying we are going to have more power stations run on nuclear power.
My family have lived on the fen for hundreds of years and it makes me sick to think outsiders can come here and destroy our landscape.
Fen people have been cheated by Fenland district council and the power companies. It's all about money and greed.