It makes me sick that outsiders can destroy our landscape’
I READ in the Standard about the tree planting at Stags Holt. Does E.ON UK think that planting nine trees will make up for spoiling our Fenland landscape? You cannot go anywhere on the fen now without seeing these ugly wind turbines. In the last 10 years
I READ in the Standard about the tree planting at Stags Holt.
Does E.ON UK think that planting nine trees will make up for spoiling our Fenland landscape? You cannot go anywhere on the fen now without seeing these ugly wind turbines.
In the last 10 years Fenland District Council and the power companies have done more to destroy our fen than anyone has in its history.
You do not see turbines in the touristy areas of the country, or the rich south Cambridgeshire. No, we have to have them here.
You may also want to watch:
At least in hilly areas you can go over the next hill and they are out of site. But not here. You can see them for miles.
And the biggest joke is we were told we had a choice - these or nuclear power.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
Now Tony Blair is saying we are going to have more power stations run on nuclear power.
My family have lived on the fen for hundreds of years and it makes me sick to think outsiders can come here and destroy our landscape.
Fen people have been cheated by Fenland district council and the power companies. It's all about money and greed.