It is a false comparison
TONY Blair s political failures in Iraq and Afghanistan have not stopped the megalomaniac Prime Minister envisaging a future of wars without end. In a speech aboard HMS Albion, he defined the future role of Britain s armed forces. He wants them to be cent
TONY Blair's political failures in Iraq and Afghanistan have not stopped the megalomaniac Prime Minister envisaging a future of wars without end.
In a speech aboard HMS Albion, he defined the future role of Britain's armed forces. He wants them to be centre stage in wars against 'global terrorism', stretching endlessly into the future.
However, rather than countering 'terrorism', his and George Bush's military adventures around the world have further fuelled the rise of right-wing political Islam and its networks of terrorist operatives.
Incredibly, Mr Blair noted that the challenge since the 9/11 attacks in the US resembled the fight against 'revolutionary communism in its early and most militant phase'.
You may also want to watch:
This is a blatantly false and reactionary historical comparison. The response of British imperialism and its allies after the 1917 Russian revolution, where the working class came to power, was to try to crush it in blood.
Some 21 allied armies were sent to destroy the workers' government (which had ended Russia's war, and the Tsar's oppressive rule) and restore a capitalist dictatorship.
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 4 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 5 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 6 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 7 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 8 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 9 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
Only socialist internationalism and massive sacrifices by Russian workers and peasants prevented the imperialist powers succeeding.