It is a false comparison
TONY Blair s political failures in Iraq and Afghanistan have not stopped the megalomaniac Prime Minister envisaging a future of wars without end. In a speech aboard HMS Albion, he defined the future role of Britain s armed forces. He wants them to be cent
TONY Blair's political failures in Iraq and Afghanistan have not stopped the megalomaniac Prime Minister envisaging a future of wars without end.
In a speech aboard HMS Albion, he defined the future role of Britain's armed forces. He wants them to be centre stage in wars against 'global terrorism', stretching endlessly into the future.
However, rather than countering 'terrorism', his and George Bush's military adventures around the world have further fuelled the rise of right-wing political Islam and its networks of terrorist operatives.
Incredibly, Mr Blair noted that the challenge since the 9/11 attacks in the US resembled the fight against 'revolutionary communism in its early and most militant phase'.
This is a blatantly false and reactionary historical comparison. The response of British imperialism and its allies after the 1917 Russian revolution, where the working class came to power, was to try to crush it in blood.
Some 21 allied armies were sent to destroy the workers' government (which had ended Russia's war, and the Tsar's oppressive rule) and restore a capitalist dictatorship.
- 1 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 4 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 5 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 6 Pupils take to the dance floor to raise £500 for Children in Need
- 7 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 8 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
Only socialist internationalism and massive sacrifices by Russian workers and peasants prevented the imperialist powers succeeding.