In my back yard? Yes
THE protesters against the Marshland St James wind farm fail to see any further than their short-term requirements. Have they any idea where the power to supply their modern-day living comes from? Basically I cannot see the difference between a modern win
THE protesters against the Marshland St James wind farm fail to see any further than their short-term requirements.
Have they any idea where the power to supply their modern-day living comes from?
Basically I cannot see the difference between a modern windmill and an old fashioned windmill. We will all pay money to visit the old mills, but don't want the modern version.
The anti-wind turbine lobby says the turbines are not efficient. But what is? Burning fossil fuel to generate electricity is not efficient. In the past I have delivered coal to power stations. These are dirty places.
You may also want to watch:
There is always nuclear generation. Perhaps the wind turbine protesters would like to live near a nuclear power station. Or better still in a cave with no electricity.
Some protesters have suggested putting the turbines out to sea. This would mean much more expense on building and servicing with the added danger to life to the construction workers.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 9 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 10 Two drink drivers lose their licences
I travel around places where turbines are installed, and the feeling from residents is that there is no problem. I am a resident of Marshland Smeeth and would like to see the turbines built. Please can I have one in may back yard?
Harps Hall Road