I'm amazed at the fuss 99p can do to a family's routine
WHILST walking past a couple of mums with their children outside Peckover School on Thursday last, I overheard part of a conversation that took me aback slightly, but made me smile to myself. And all because they d read, with interest, your website www.wisbechstandard24.co.uk
WHILST walking past a couple of mums with their children outside Peckover School on Thursday last, I overheard part of a conversation that took me aback slightly, but made me smile to myself.
And all because they'd read, with interest, your website www.wisbechstandard24.co.uk
You'd reported online that the new 99p shop was opening a day earlier, the Thursday instead of Friday.
To the disgust of these parents that had totally upset their plans.
They'd arranged for grandparents to take their children to school on the Friday so they could attend the grand opening, but to their dismay after reading your article they found the event had been bought forward.
They were most perturb about it, and one even said her friend had been on the phone at 6am to ask if she'd take her child to school so she could wait in the queue.
- 1 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 5 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 6 Council’s final meeting of 2021 to include minute’s silence for those lost
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 9 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 10 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
Like I said it made me smile, it's amazing the fuss and bother 99p can do to a family's daily routine.