I'm amazed at the fuss 99p can do to a family's routine
WHILST walking past a couple of mums with their children outside Peckover School on Thursday last, I overheard part of a conversation that took me aback slightly, but made me smile to myself. And all because they d read, with interest, your website www.wisbechstandard24.co.uk
WHILST walking past a couple of mums with their children outside Peckover School on Thursday last, I overheard part of a conversation that took me aback slightly, but made me smile to myself.
And all because they'd read, with interest, your website www.wisbechstandard24.co.uk
You'd reported online that the new 99p shop was opening a day earlier, the Thursday instead of Friday.
To the disgust of these parents that had totally upset their plans.
You may also want to watch:
They'd arranged for grandparents to take their children to school on the Friday so they could attend the grand opening, but to their dismay after reading your article they found the event had been bought forward.
They were most perturb about it, and one even said her friend had been on the phone at 6am to ask if she'd take her child to school so she could wait in the queue.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
Like I said it made me smile, it's amazing the fuss and bother 99p can do to a family's daily routine.