I blame insurance
I HAVE discovered why some companies are not employing older workers. It s simply because insurance companies won t provide cover for employees of a certain age. It is understandable but why tar everyone with the same brush? If a person is fit and able to
I HAVE discovered why some companies are not employing older workers. It's simply because insurance companies won't provide cover for employees of a certain age.
It is understandable but why tar everyone with the same brush? If a person is fit and able to do a day's work for a day's pay, a simple medical would suffice to prove the fact.
If someone can't work due to ageism then that same person has to claim benefit and the cost has to be paid by the tax payer. Perhaps employers should not do business with insurance companies who are unable to provide cover for all workers even if it means having a medical as part of the deal.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 10 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running