I blame insurance
I HAVE discovered why some companies are not employing older workers. It s simply because insurance companies won t provide cover for employees of a certain age. It is understandable but why tar everyone with the same brush? If a person is fit and able to
I HAVE discovered why some companies are not employing older workers. It's simply because insurance companies won't provide cover for employees of a certain age.
It is understandable but why tar everyone with the same brush? If a person is fit and able to do a day's work for a day's pay, a simple medical would suffice to prove the fact.
If someone can't work due to ageism then that same person has to claim benefit and the cost has to be paid by the tax payer. Perhaps employers should not do business with insurance companies who are unable to provide cover for all workers even if it means having a medical as part of the deal.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 10 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph