I am proud of our NHS - and that's why I'll vote Labour at the next election
AS a socialist, I would like to defend the National Health Service against those Conservatives who say that they: would not wish it on anyone . I first developed clinical depression when I was studying for my A levels at the Wisbech Grammar School in 1
AS a socialist, I would like to defend the National Health Service against those Conservatives who say that they: 'would not wish it on anyone'.
I first developed clinical depression when I was studying for my 'A' levels at the Wisbech Grammar School in 1978.
The late Dr Dennis Morgan, consultant psychiatrist for the Wisbech area was able to successfully treat my depression using medication.
Since then, I have been helped by members of the Wisbech Community Mental Health Team, which is led today by consultant psychiatrist Dr Berraondeo.
You may also want to watch:
The NHS was set up in 1948 by the then Labour Government in the face of stiff opposition from the Conservative Party and the British Medical Association.
This opposition to the NHS by the Conservative Party continues today when some of its members give support to the anti-universal health care campaigners in the USA.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 9 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 10 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
President Barack Obama is facing concerted opposition to his plans to introduce health care for the 45 million Americans without health insurance.
In spite of the squeeky clean image of David Cameron's new Conservative Party, the National Health Service is not: 'safe in their hands'.
As someone who continues to use the services of the Wisbech Community Mental Health Team, I will therefore be voting Labour in the next general election.
Unlike some Conservative parliamentarians, I am proud of our NHS.