Hooligans? Not us friendly Fenmen fans
I AM writing on behalf of a group of Wisbech Town fans who are in favour of the proposed site, where the club is seeking permission to build a new ground. After reading some of the letters of objection, I felt compelled to start an on-line petition for th
I AM writing on behalf of a group of Wisbech Town fans who are in favour of the proposed site, where the club is seeking permission to build a new ground.
After reading some of the letters of objection, I felt compelled to start an on-line petition for those in favour.
I then placed a link on the Wisbech Town website and the website of the Eastern Counties football supporters. The link to this petition can also be found on http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/SupportthenewFenlandpark/signatures.html
Some reasons given as objections are ludicrous. It leaves me shocked that these people actually think football fans at this level behave as hooligans.
I started attending Fenland Park in 1986/87 at the age of 12. My uncle and I went to home and away games for more than five years. After this I stopped going for a while but started again in 2004 and would say I have been to 95 per cent of all games, home and away. I have never seen any of the behaviour these people are insinuating football fans get up to. In fact I now take my seven-month-old daughter along.
It is a very friendly atmosphere wherever or whoever attends a match.
- 1 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 2 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 3 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 4 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 5 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 6 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 7 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 8 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 9 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 10 Recap: Air ambulance attends A47 crash near Wisbech
Maybe some of the objectors could come along and see for themselves.
I would also add that I am in no way connected to the club. I am just an avid fan who wants the best for the town and the club.