Hooligans? Not us friendly Fenmen fans
I AM writing on behalf of a group of Wisbech Town fans who are in favour of the proposed site, where the club is seeking permission to build a new ground. After reading some of the letters of objection, I felt compelled to start an on-line petition for th
I AM writing on behalf of a group of Wisbech Town fans who are in favour of the proposed site, where the club is seeking permission to build a new ground.
After reading some of the letters of objection, I felt compelled to start an on-line petition for those in favour.
I then placed a link on the Wisbech Town website and the website of the Eastern Counties football supporters. The link to this petition can also be found on http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/SupportthenewFenlandpark/signatures.html
Some reasons given as objections are ludicrous. It leaves me shocked that these people actually think football fans at this level behave as hooligans.
You may also want to watch:
I started attending Fenland Park in 1986/87 at the age of 12. My uncle and I went to home and away games for more than five years. After this I stopped going for a while but started again in 2004 and would say I have been to 95 per cent of all games, home and away. I have never seen any of the behaviour these people are insinuating football fans get up to. In fact I now take my seven-month-old daughter along.
It is a very friendly atmosphere wherever or whoever attends a match.
- 1 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 2 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
- 4 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 5 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Runners caught in their 'runderwear' for Three Counties
- 8 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
- 9 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 10 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
Maybe some of the objectors could come along and see for themselves.
I would also add that I am in no way connected to the club. I am just an avid fan who wants the best for the town and the club.