HONOURS LIST: Nice to see Norman Jacobs receive an award
IT was nice to see Norman Jacobs in the honours list. The biggest moan of teenagers today is we have nowhere to go in the evenings except to hang around street corners. We did not know how lucky we were as teenagers in the 50s and early 60s to have th
IT was nice to see Norman Jacobs in the honours' list.
The biggest moan of teenagers today is "we have nowhere to go in the evenings except to hang around street corners."
We did not know how lucky we were as teenagers in the 50s and early 60s to have the Rink which was open every night winter and summer. A top band played one week and a good local group the next.
Thanks to Norman Jacobs we had the Rink and the Youth Club in Hill Street. We were well served.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 6 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
Calle los Pinos 6