HIPPODROME: There is no hidden agenda
I SYMPHASISE with anyone who wishes to speculate about the long term future for the Hippodrome, March. I accept any judgements made against my character without any desire to either antagonise the pen pushers or defend myself or persuade the intelligent p
I SYMPHASISE with anyone who wishes to speculate about the long term future for the Hippodrome, March.
I accept any judgements made against my character without any desire to either antagonise the pen pushers or defend myself or persuade the intelligent public that I am anything that I am not.
In any business, you have to higher sales than costs to remain in business. I quickly realised that I had bitten off far more than I could chew.
The council has not made any representation or restriction whatsoever as to what I can or cannot do at the Hippodrome. At this moment in time, residential development is not an option I am exploring.
You may also want to watch:
There are businesses closing down all around us. Most of them do not even get a mention in the papers and so I guess I must be grateful for all the column inches Mr Elworthy affords me in his paper.
This story can run and run and run. I have had many successes in business and made many friends and supporters. I do not wish to promote my failures in the public domain but if that is your wish then I accept it without reservation.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 3 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 4 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 5 Tesco staff self-isolate after being ‘pinged’ by track and trace
- 6 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 7 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 9 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 10 Firefighters left tackling 'deliberate' car blaze for over an hour
My final words on this matter are these. The current economic climate ended the Hippodrome. There is no hidden agenda, big developer or secret master plan. It will remain closed until I can afford to re-open it and make it profitable.