HIPPODROME: There is no hidden agenda
I SYMPHASISE with anyone who wishes to speculate about the long term future for the Hippodrome, March. I accept any judgements made against my character without any desire to either antagonise the pen pushers or defend myself or persuade the intelligent p
I SYMPHASISE with anyone who wishes to speculate about the long term future for the Hippodrome, March.
I accept any judgements made against my character without any desire to either antagonise the pen pushers or defend myself or persuade the intelligent public that I am anything that I am not.
In any business, you have to higher sales than costs to remain in business. I quickly realised that I had bitten off far more than I could chew.
The council has not made any representation or restriction whatsoever as to what I can or cannot do at the Hippodrome. At this moment in time, residential development is not an option I am exploring.
You may also want to watch:
There are businesses closing down all around us. Most of them do not even get a mention in the papers and so I guess I must be grateful for all the column inches Mr Elworthy affords me in his paper.
This story can run and run and run. I have had many successes in business and made many friends and supporters. I do not wish to promote my failures in the public domain but if that is your wish then I accept it without reservation.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 5 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 6 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 7 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 8 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
My final words on this matter are these. The current economic climate ended the Hippodrome. There is no hidden agenda, big developer or secret master plan. It will remain closed until I can afford to re-open it and make it profitable.