HIPPODROME: There is no hidden agenda
I SYMPHASISE with anyone who wishes to speculate about the long term future for the Hippodrome, March. I accept any judgements made against my character without any desire to either antagonise the pen pushers or defend myself or persuade the intelligent p
I SYMPHASISE with anyone who wishes to speculate about the long term future for the Hippodrome, March.
I accept any judgements made against my character without any desire to either antagonise the pen pushers or defend myself or persuade the intelligent public that I am anything that I am not.
In any business, you have to higher sales than costs to remain in business. I quickly realised that I had bitten off far more than I could chew.
The council has not made any representation or restriction whatsoever as to what I can or cannot do at the Hippodrome. At this moment in time, residential development is not an option I am exploring.
There are businesses closing down all around us. Most of them do not even get a mention in the papers and so I guess I must be grateful for all the column inches Mr Elworthy affords me in his paper.
This story can run and run and run. I have had many successes in business and made many friends and supporters. I do not wish to promote my failures in the public domain but if that is your wish then I accept it without reservation.
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 3 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 4 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 5 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 New mayor pledges to 'do Wisbech proud'
- 10 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
My final words on this matter are these. The current economic climate ended the Hippodrome. There is no hidden agenda, big developer or secret master plan. It will remain closed until I can afford to re-open it and make it profitable.