Hidden cost to tenants
RUMOUR has it that the five-and-a-half-hour conference to be held at a Wisbech hotel on September 28 to try to win over tenants is to cost about £20 a head with a guarantee of 150 attending with an upper limit of 200 tenants. The bill for tenants keeps ri
RUMOUR has it that the five-and-a-half-hour conference to be held at a Wisbech hotel on September 28 to try to win over tenants is to cost about £20 a head with a guarantee of 150 attending with an upper limit of 200 tenants.
The bill for tenants keeps rising and with the offer of free transport, crèche or child-minder fees and a free buffet lunch.
Had I been asked, I would have happily arranged for guest speakers to attend to counter those invited by Fenland Council/Circle Anglia. I dare say I would have only to look over the border into West Norfolk for unhappy tenants as their housing stock was sold off to Freebridge Community Housing in April this year. And it appears tenants are not happy.
Are promises not being honoured?
Reports are heard daily of how sick and tired Fenland tenants are of the continual hard sell. They are also concerned about the way the process is being handled and feel that contrary to what Fenland Council says, tenants are not leading the way.
With so many tenants concerned about losing their "secure" tenancy to an "assured" tenancy, it is little wonder so many of them are fed up with LSVT.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Karen’s three-course lunch with Mayor of Wisbech
- 3 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 4 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 5 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 6 Veteran turns life around thanks to support from forces charity
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
So, don't get mad ... get even. Vote 'no' in the ballot.