Hidden cost to tenants
RUMOUR has it that the five-and-a-half-hour conference to be held at a Wisbech hotel on September 28 to try to win over tenants is to cost about £20 a head with a guarantee of 150 attending with an upper limit of 200 tenants. The bill for tenants keeps ri
RUMOUR has it that the five-and-a-half-hour conference to be held at a Wisbech hotel on September 28 to try to win over tenants is to cost about £20 a head with a guarantee of 150 attending with an upper limit of 200 tenants.
The bill for tenants keeps rising and with the offer of free transport, crèche or child-minder fees and a free buffet lunch.
Had I been asked, I would have happily arranged for guest speakers to attend to counter those invited by Fenland Council/Circle Anglia. I dare say I would have only to look over the border into West Norfolk for unhappy tenants as their housing stock was sold off to Freebridge Community Housing in April this year. And it appears tenants are not happy.
Are promises not being honoured?
You may also want to watch:
Reports are heard daily of how sick and tired Fenland tenants are of the continual hard sell. They are also concerned about the way the process is being handled and feel that contrary to what Fenland Council says, tenants are not leading the way.
With so many tenants concerned about losing their "secure" tenancy to an "assured" tenancy, it is little wonder so many of them are fed up with LSVT.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 5 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 10 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project
So, don't get mad ... get even. Vote 'no' in the ballot.