HERE'S MY RESPONSE TO THE 20MPH SPEED LIMIT IN MARSHLAND
AFTER making a few enquiries I feel I can now answer the letter of two weeks ago from Joan Thompson. When David Markinson became a borough councillor he asked about a 20mph speed limit outside the school only to be told that is was a waste of time. After
AFTER making a few enquiries I feel I can now answer the letter of two weeks ago from Joan Thompson.
When David Markinson became a borough councillor he asked about a 20mph speed limit outside the school only to be told that is was a waste of time.
After a time David was asked to sit on the Council Safety committee where he asked the same question and was told that a number of schools were to have trials of 20mph limits. He then pushed and was successful in getting one for Marshland School.
This then had to go before the district council for ratification.
You may also want to watch:
It seems to me Mrs Thompson and many others will do all they can to belittle Councillor Markinson. Perhaps instead of doing this they should look a little closer to home.
Mr Thompson's husband is chair of what in many people's opinion is the most useless Parish Council in the history of the village.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
Is it not about time that the members of the Jack Bantoft appreciation society accepted that he was beaten in a democratic election and let Councillor Markinson get on with the good job he is doing?
Marshland St James