HELP: Needed to trace old school pupils and staff.
I AM attempting to write a history of the Kinder Garten School as it was named by Miss Eva Lilley, who ran the school for some time in the Walsoken Rectory, and then in her home in Lynn Road, Wisbech. The story will be told from a compilation of extracts
I AM attempting to write a history of the Kinder Garten School as it was named by Miss Eva Lilley, who ran the school for some time in the Walsoken Rectory, and then in her home in Lynn Road, Wisbech.
The story will be told from a compilation of extracts from letters, newspapers, other print and photographs with permission.
I should like to hear from anyone who knows when the school started and ended.
I would also like to hear from anyone who has known Miss Lilley and the school in any part of its history as a pupil, parent, teacher, friend or citizen of Wisbech, Walsoken and the surrounding area.
You may also want to watch:
I ask those former pupils who have met with success to tell your news, whether academic success or success in a profession, in a business, in practical work, in sport or bringing up a family.
I also look forward to hearing from those who feel their lives have been relatively mundane, but who have lasting impressions of the Kinder Garten School, its ethos, its atmosphere and its happy occasions.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 3 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 4 Tesco staff self-isolate after being ‘pinged’ by track and trace
- 5 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 6 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 8 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 9 Family of man who died at quarry plead with people not to swim
- 10 Firefighters left tackling 'deliberate' car blaze for over an hour
I hope you will not hold back in writing to me, so that these things can be compiled, because it is hoped that in January, Miss Lilley will reach her 100th birthday.
If you have any contributions please write to:
MRS CATHERINE MOTTRAM (formerly Cathy Cunningham)
15 Wigsley Close