HELP: Needed to trace old school pupils and staff.
I AM attempting to write a history of the Kinder Garten School as it was named by Miss Eva Lilley, who ran the school for some time in the Walsoken Rectory, and then in her home in Lynn Road, Wisbech. The story will be told from a compilation of extracts
I AM attempting to write a history of the Kinder Garten School as it was named by Miss Eva Lilley, who ran the school for some time in the Walsoken Rectory, and then in her home in Lynn Road, Wisbech.
The story will be told from a compilation of extracts from letters, newspapers, other print and photographs with permission.
I should like to hear from anyone who knows when the school started and ended.
I would also like to hear from anyone who has known Miss Lilley and the school in any part of its history as a pupil, parent, teacher, friend or citizen of Wisbech, Walsoken and the surrounding area.
You may also want to watch:
I ask those former pupils who have met with success to tell your news, whether academic success or success in a profession, in a business, in practical work, in sport or bringing up a family.
I also look forward to hearing from those who feel their lives have been relatively mundane, but who have lasting impressions of the Kinder Garten School, its ethos, its atmosphere and its happy occasions.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 5 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 6 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 7 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 8 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
I hope you will not hold back in writing to me, so that these things can be compiled, because it is hoped that in January, Miss Lilley will reach her 100th birthday.
If you have any contributions please write to:
MRS CATHERINE MOTTRAM (formerly Cathy Cunningham)
15 Wigsley Close