Halloween was a hoot!
MY family visited us from Newcastle at the weekend and I spotted an advert for a Hallowe en event to be held at The Horsefair on Saturday afternoon and we all decided to go along and enjoy the fun. Much hilarity ensued as my husband and I, my daughter an
MY family visited us from Newcastle at the weekend and I spotted an advert for a Hallowe'en event to be held at The Horsefair on Saturday afternoon and we all decided to go along and enjoy the fun.
Much hilarity ensued as my husband and I, my daughter and son-in-law and our three grandchildren got out the sewing box, raided our wardrobes and got creative with the face paints.
We managed to create fancy dress outfits for all of us, even our four month old son and his two teddy bears.
When we arrived at the Horsefair the atmosphere was electric. My daughter and her husband were so impressed by the community spirit and the friendliness of the town folk.
You may also want to watch:
Many congratulations to everyone who helped to make this day a huge success and thank you for all of your hard work.
The children had a great time and our grandson Alex even had his photo taken with the Mayor, as he won a prize for his werewolf costume.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 8 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
We are so lucky to live in this area where so many community events are organised. I know our family didn't want to return home, or for their weekend of fun to end.
On behalf of Bill and Harrison Gough, Sandra, Rob, Alex, Faye and Ruby Dawson