Halloween was a hoot!
MY family visited us from Newcastle at the weekend and I spotted an advert for a Hallowe en event to be held at The Horsefair on Saturday afternoon and we all decided to go along and enjoy the fun. Much hilarity ensued as my husband and I, my daughter an
MY family visited us from Newcastle at the weekend and I spotted an advert for a Hallowe'en event to be held at The Horsefair on Saturday afternoon and we all decided to go along and enjoy the fun.
Much hilarity ensued as my husband and I, my daughter and son-in-law and our three grandchildren got out the sewing box, raided our wardrobes and got creative with the face paints.
We managed to create fancy dress outfits for all of us, even our four month old son and his two teddy bears.
When we arrived at the Horsefair the atmosphere was electric. My daughter and her husband were so impressed by the community spirit and the friendliness of the town folk.
You may also want to watch:
Many congratulations to everyone who helped to make this day a huge success and thank you for all of your hard work.
The children had a great time and our grandson Alex even had his photo taken with the Mayor, as he won a prize for his werewolf costume.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Emporium takes business to next level
- 6 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 7 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 8 Author reflects on reasons behind 'The Chapel of Ease'
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
We are so lucky to live in this area where so many community events are organised. I know our family didn't want to return home, or for their weekend of fun to end.
On behalf of Bill and Harrison Gough, Sandra, Rob, Alex, Faye and Ruby Dawson