GRITTING: Cambridgeshire County Council should be congratulated for its efforts
FOLLOWING the snow problems of 12 months ago I believe the council should be congratulated on their recent efforts to keep the major roads clear. Perhaps we should look closer to home in order to clear the footpaths and reduce the number of patients visi
FOLLOWING the snow problems of 12 months ago I believe the council should be congratulated on their recent efforts to keep the major roads clear.
Perhaps we should look closer to home in order to clear the footpaths and reduce the number of patients visiting our A & E departments with bruises and broken bones. Even after the roads and fields were clear of snow, ice, from compacted snow, remained on the footpaths.
Is it asking too much for householders to clear the footpath fronting their property and perhaps those of elderly or infirm neighbours?
As well as being a community-spirited act, it is also the actions of a responsible and social person.
You may also want to watch:
In some European countries it's the law. In my youth my father would send me out with a shovel and instructions to clear the neighbours paths as well as our own, but then, there was no computer to sit in front of all day and I was used to communicating with people from a different generation.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 9 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
• TELL US WHAT YOU THINK – You can post your thoughts on our live weather feed by clicking here.