GRITTERS: I can assure they're out in Fenland - I'm a grit man's widow because of it
TO Neville Davis, and many others no doubt, regarding the matter of gritting. You and many other people may be moaning about the roads not being gritted, but I can assure you they are. My husband grits the roads you referred to in the Wisbech Standard on
TO Neville Davis, and many others no doubt, regarding the matter of gritting.
You and many other people may be moaning about the roads not being gritted, but I can assure you they are.
My husband grits the roads you referred to in the Wisbech Standard on December 23.
The snow was predicted and the gritters were out in force.
You may also want to watch:
They were out Thursday night and when the snow was falling on Friday, December 18 they were out all day and have been out every day and night since.
So whilst you sit snugly in your chair in the evening or sleep in your bed, we get the call and away the gritters go again.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 10 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
Did you ear your Christmas lunch and then watch the Queen? My husband and others didn't - they were out gritting.
Look out of your window at 6pm, 11pm or 3am, you may see them out.
A GRIT MAN'S WIDOW
• TELL US WHAT YOU THINK – You can leave your thoughts on the gritters on our live weather feed by clicking here.