GP SURGERIES: Government initiative should make it easier for patients to visit their GP
FOLLOWING on from last weeks report that several GP surgeries across North East Cambridgeshire have successfully expanded opening hours ahead of schedule, I hope that this Government initiative will mean many more people will find it easier to visit their
FOLLOWING on from last weeks report that several GP surgeries across North East Cambridgeshire have successfully expanded opening hours ahead of schedule, I hope that this Government initiative will mean many more people will find it easier to visit their doctor outside the normal nine to five working hours.
I think it is also important to put to rest any fears that these improvements in local health services will be reversed by the introduction of 'Polyclinics'.
This week while talking about the proposals for Doddington Hospital with Jessica Bawden, Director of Communications at Cambridgeshire NHS, I asked her to set out the full facts.
The response was simple. Polyclinics are only planned for London, while across the whole of Cambridgeshire the one facility similar to a Polyclinic will be the GP Led Centre planned for St Neots (chosen because of the high number of patients to GPs in that area).
You may also want to watch:
This is an additional health service, and as Cambridgeshire NHS confirmed, it will have no impact on the number of GP surgeries in North East Cambridgeshire.
- 1 A 42-bedroom hotel with ballroom and set in three acres for sale
- 2 Councillor says MP Steve Barclay told Tories to return £10k lockdown grant
- 3 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 4 Meet the young carers whose work hasn’t stopped for Covid-19
- 5 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 6 Media 'mischief making' over council investments
- 7 ‘Hugging, kissing' in mayor’s pub –one of 21 Covid breaches
- 8 Paedophile exposed himself to mum near school
- 9 Assault on tax officials lands man in court
- 10 Driver pulled from three-car wreck as one vehicle flips onto its side
Labour Parliamentary Spokesperson for North East Cambridgeshire