GP SURGERIES: Government initiative should make it easier for patients to visit their GP
FOLLOWING on from last weeks report that several GP surgeries across North East Cambridgeshire have successfully expanded opening hours ahead of schedule, I hope that this Government initiative will mean many more people will find it easier to visit their
FOLLOWING on from last weeks report that several GP surgeries across North East Cambridgeshire have successfully expanded opening hours ahead of schedule, I hope that this Government initiative will mean many more people will find it easier to visit their doctor outside the normal nine to five working hours.
I think it is also important to put to rest any fears that these improvements in local health services will be reversed by the introduction of 'Polyclinics'.
This week while talking about the proposals for Doddington Hospital with Jessica Bawden, Director of Communications at Cambridgeshire NHS, I asked her to set out the full facts.
The response was simple. Polyclinics are only planned for London, while across the whole of Cambridgeshire the one facility similar to a Polyclinic will be the GP Led Centre planned for St Neots (chosen because of the high number of patients to GPs in that area).
You may also want to watch:
This is an additional health service, and as Cambridgeshire NHS confirmed, it will have no impact on the number of GP surgeries in North East Cambridgeshire.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 6 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 10 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
Labour Parliamentary Spokesperson for North East Cambridgeshire