Good and bad news for Chatteris residents
I VE got both good news and bad news for those citizens of Chatteris who aspire to one day have leisure facilities equal to those that the other Fenland market towns have enjoyed for several decades.The good news is that when Cllr Garratt, the FDC portfo
I'VE got both good news and bad news for those citizens of Chatteris who aspire to one day have leisure facilities equal to those that the other Fenland market towns have enjoyed for several decades.
The good news is that when Cllr Garratt, the FDC portfolio holder for leisure, attended Chatteris Town Council on September 2, and advised us that a Sports England Report that said that Chatteris didn't need a swimming pool until 2021, he must have misread the report.
I asked Sports England for this report and discovered that their report is in fact wholly supportive of a Chatteris pool, and confirms both need and opportunity.
The bad news is that Cllr Melton's eve of poll claim to have "negotiated �1.5million from Cambs Horizons for Chatteris leisure facilities" was never true.
You may also want to watch:
This false claim is being examined by FDC's standards committee and if I say anymore I risk incurring their wrath.
Indeed if I did say more, the bizarre situation could arise where this seeker of truth risks being suspended from his humble position as a town councillor.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 6 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 7 Showcase status for Academy
- 8 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
(Meantime, the perpetrator of the mistruth has been elevated to FDC portfolio holder for finance).