Good and bad news for Chatteris residents
I VE got both good news and bad news for those citizens of Chatteris who aspire to one day have leisure facilities equal to those that the other Fenland market towns have enjoyed for several decades.The good news is that when Cllr Garratt, the FDC portfo
I'VE got both good news and bad news for those citizens of Chatteris who aspire to one day have leisure facilities equal to those that the other Fenland market towns have enjoyed for several decades.
The good news is that when Cllr Garratt, the FDC portfolio holder for leisure, attended Chatteris Town Council on September 2, and advised us that a Sports England Report that said that Chatteris didn't need a swimming pool until 2021, he must have misread the report.
I asked Sports England for this report and discovered that their report is in fact wholly supportive of a Chatteris pool, and confirms both need and opportunity.
The bad news is that Cllr Melton's eve of poll claim to have "negotiated �1.5million from Cambs Horizons for Chatteris leisure facilities" was never true.
You may also want to watch:
This false claim is being examined by FDC's standards committee and if I say anymore I risk incurring their wrath.
Indeed if I did say more, the bizarre situation could arise where this seeker of truth risks being suspended from his humble position as a town councillor.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 7 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 8 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 9 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
(Meantime, the perpetrator of the mistruth has been elevated to FDC portfolio holder for finance).