Good and bad news for Chatteris residents
I VE got both good news and bad news for those citizens of Chatteris who aspire to one day have leisure facilities equal to those that the other Fenland market towns have enjoyed for several decades.The good news is that when Cllr Garratt, the FDC portfo
I'VE got both good news and bad news for those citizens of Chatteris who aspire to one day have leisure facilities equal to those that the other Fenland market towns have enjoyed for several decades.
The good news is that when Cllr Garratt, the FDC portfolio holder for leisure, attended Chatteris Town Council on September 2, and advised us that a Sports England Report that said that Chatteris didn't need a swimming pool until 2021, he must have misread the report.
I asked Sports England for this report and discovered that their report is in fact wholly supportive of a Chatteris pool, and confirms both need and opportunity.
The bad news is that Cllr Melton's eve of poll claim to have "negotiated �1.5million from Cambs Horizons for Chatteris leisure facilities" was never true.
This false claim is being examined by FDC's standards committee and if I say anymore I risk incurring their wrath.
Indeed if I did say more, the bizarre situation could arise where this seeker of truth risks being suspended from his humble position as a town councillor.
- 1 Town road to remain closed following serious crash
- 2 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 3 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 6 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 7 OPINION: Jettison inertia and save money
- 8 WEIRD NORFOLK: The local shoe shop haunted by a 'one-legged poltergeist'
- 9 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 10 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
(Meantime, the perpetrator of the mistruth has been elevated to FDC portfolio holder for finance).