Give blood this year
EVERY New Year, after the excesses of Christmas, it s traditional to take stock of your life and make resolutions. This New Year, the National Blood Service is encouraging people in East Anglia, to make a New Year s resolution that will really make a diff
EVERY New Year, after the excesses of Christmas, it's traditional to take stock of your life and make resolutions.
This New Year, the National Blood Service is encouraging people in East Anglia, to make a New Year's resolution that will really make a difference - giving blood.
It takes just an hour to give blood, and that gift could save several lives. Only five per cent of the eligible population currently donates so we're hoping people will make every effort this New Year to become regular blood donors.
The New year is a good time to take stock of your life and plan any changes for the year ahead, and we would like new, lapsed and regular donors to make a special New Year's resolution to give blood.
To be potentially eligible to become a blood donor you must be aged 17-59, weigh more than 7st 12lbs (50kg) and be in good health. New, returning and regular donors are all welcome to attend local blood donor sessions.
For further information about blood donation call the National Blood Service helpline on 08457 711 711 or log on to www.blood.co.uk
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 4 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 5 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 6 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 7 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 8 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
GARETH BELL, National Blood Service, Long Road, Cambridge