Give blood this year
EVERY New Year, after the excesses of Christmas, it s traditional to take stock of your life and make resolutions. This New Year, the National Blood Service is encouraging people in East Anglia, to make a New Year s resolution that will really make a diff
EVERY New Year, after the excesses of Christmas, it's traditional to take stock of your life and make resolutions.
This New Year, the National Blood Service is encouraging people in East Anglia, to make a New Year's resolution that will really make a difference - giving blood.
It takes just an hour to give blood, and that gift could save several lives. Only five per cent of the eligible population currently donates so we're hoping people will make every effort this New Year to become regular blood donors.
The New year is a good time to take stock of your life and plan any changes for the year ahead, and we would like new, lapsed and regular donors to make a special New Year's resolution to give blood.
You may also want to watch:
To be potentially eligible to become a blood donor you must be aged 17-59, weigh more than 7st 12lbs (50kg) and be in good health. New, returning and regular donors are all welcome to attend local blood donor sessions.
For further information about blood donation call the National Blood Service helpline on 08457 711 711 or log on to www.blood.co.uk
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 8 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project
- 9 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 10 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
GARETH BELL, National Blood Service, Long Road, Cambridge