Gallery: Thousands enjoy breathtaking displays at annual Rose Fair
THOUSANDS of people enjoyed breathtaking flower displays at the annual Wisbech Rose Fair. The event is widely regarded as one of England s finest flower festivals and attracted visitors from all over the country. One of the organisers, Janet Stevens, said
THOUSANDS of people enjoyed breathtaking flower displays at the annual Wisbech Rose Fair.
The event is widely regarded as one of England's finest flower festivals and attracted visitors from all over the country.
One of the organisers, Janet Stevens, said: "It was a big success and we had a beautiful weather and a very good turnout.
"We were a bit down on volunteers this year so several people had to work very hard to ensure that everything ran smoothly.
"It's been a 12-month project putting this event on and we will soon start organise next year's Rose Fair.
"I'd like to thank everyone who did anything to help us to make this event such a success."
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 5 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 6 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 Stress, anxiety, mental health and depression prompt rise in days off
The event ran from Tuesday to Sunday and as well as flower displays there was music, stalls and crafts for people to enjoy.
The Wisbech Rose Fair began more than 45 years ago when rose buds picked locally were sold in church gardens to raise funs for the restoration of St Peter's Church.
Money is still raised for the church.
Ms Stevens said: "We are still counting the money and it is not yet known how much we raised this year.