Gallery: Thousands enjoy breathtaking displays at annual Rose Fair
THOUSANDS of people enjoyed breathtaking flower displays at the annual Wisbech Rose Fair. The event is widely regarded as one of England s finest flower festivals and attracted visitors from all over the country. One of the organisers, Janet Stevens, said
THOUSANDS of people enjoyed breathtaking flower displays at the annual Wisbech Rose Fair.
The event is widely regarded as one of England's finest flower festivals and attracted visitors from all over the country.
One of the organisers, Janet Stevens, said: "It was a big success and we had a beautiful weather and a very good turnout.
"We were a bit down on volunteers this year so several people had to work very hard to ensure that everything ran smoothly.
You may also want to watch:
"It's been a 12-month project putting this event on and we will soon start organise next year's Rose Fair.
"I'd like to thank everyone who did anything to help us to make this event such a success."
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 10 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project
The event ran from Tuesday to Sunday and as well as flower displays there was music, stalls and crafts for people to enjoy.
The Wisbech Rose Fair began more than 45 years ago when rose buds picked locally were sold in church gardens to raise funs for the restoration of St Peter's Church.
Money is still raised for the church.
Ms Stevens said: "We are still counting the money and it is not yet known how much we raised this year.