Fix car parking surface
SO Alan Melton has been thwarted again in his wish to introduce car parking charges in Wisbech, and I am glad. Why? You may well ask; but when did the St Peter s car park last get relaid or even properly resurfaced? At this time it is in an appalling stat
SO Alan Melton has been thwarted again in his wish to introduce car parking charges in Wisbech, and I am glad.
Why? You may well ask; but when did the St Peter's car park last get relaid or even properly resurfaced?
At this time it is in an appalling state, with more pot-holes than a golf course has holes and bunkers.
If parking fees are introduced, I for one would refuse to pay, because until the surface is repaired, I feel it would be a dammed cheek to charge 1p for the use of it. In fact, we should be paid to park in there.
You may also want to watch:
Because of the current conditions there, I avoid it like the plague whenever possible and park elsewhere.
The likes of Cllr Melton should first realise that not everybody gets such a high salary in order to get our cars repaired on a regular basis, with the damage done by the appalling state the car park is now in.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 4 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 5 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 6 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 7 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 8 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election