Final report hasn’t been made
FOLLOWING the article in the January 4 edition of the Wisbech Standard, I would like to clarify a few points regarding the Wisbech Town Football Club stadium planning application. The article suggests that a final report to council recommends refusal on
FOLLOWING the article in the January 4 edition of the Wisbech Standard, I would like to clarify a few points regarding the Wisbech Town Football Club stadium planning application.
The article suggests that a 'final report to council' recommends refusal on the basis of landscape impact. This, however, is not a final report. It is one among a number of consultation responses.
The council has an obligation to consult with residents, government bodies and other agencies in respect of planning applications. The council is also required to publish consultation responses on its website along with all other documents relating to the application.
The planning officers then take all this information into account along with planning guidance before producing their final report and making their recommendation to the Development Control Board.
You may also want to watch:
The final decision is made at a public meeting of the Development Control Board.
It is hoped the application will be taken to the Development Control Board on February 4.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 5 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 6 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 7 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 10 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
Head of development services
West Norfolk Borough Council