Fight for a socialist world to end wart and terror
THE Israeli government is bombing Lebanon into rubble. Airports, roads, buildings and hundreds of lives have been destroyed. The Bush regime, with Blair wagging his tail behind, has already been responsible for massively destabilising the Middle East via
THE Israeli government is bombing Lebanon into rubble. Airports, roads, buildings and hundreds of lives have been destroyed.
The Bush regime, with Blair wagging his tail behind, has already been responsible for massively destabilising the Middle East via the war and occupation of Iraq for oil.
Now Bush and Blair have responded to the Israeli onslaught on Lebanon by laying the blame at the foot of Hezbollah and turning a blind eye to the crimes of the Israeli Defence Force.
Neither side can 'win'. Hezbollah can never militarily defeat the might of the Israeli state and liberate the Palestinian people from occupation.
You may also want to watch:
This latest conflict can only deepen divisions between working people in the Middle East.
Bush and Blair complain that Syria and Iran are backing Hezbollah but say nothing about the billions of dollars in loans, aid and military hardware provided to Israel by the US.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 3 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 6 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 7 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 8 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
And what about the Labour government's sanctioning of £23million of arms to Israel by UK suppliers over the last 12 months?
Neither the Israeli ruling class nor the rotten Arab regimes, including the repressive regime in Iran and the Syrian dictatorship, offer a way forward for working people.
The capitalist system of imperialism is horror without end; an exploitative system that brings oppression, wars, and poverty for the majority of people.
To permanently end the threat of war and terror we have to fight for the establishment of a socialist world run in the interests of the billions instead of the billionaires.
JOHN SMITHEE Kingsley Avenue Wisbech