Fight for a socialist world to end wart and terror
THE Israeli government is bombing Lebanon into rubble. Airports, roads, buildings and hundreds of lives have been destroyed. The Bush regime, with Blair wagging his tail behind, has already been responsible for massively destabilising the Middle East via
THE Israeli government is bombing Lebanon into rubble. Airports, roads, buildings and hundreds of lives have been destroyed.
The Bush regime, with Blair wagging his tail behind, has already been responsible for massively destabilising the Middle East via the war and occupation of Iraq for oil.
Now Bush and Blair have responded to the Israeli onslaught on Lebanon by laying the blame at the foot of Hezbollah and turning a blind eye to the crimes of the Israeli Defence Force.
Neither side can 'win'. Hezbollah can never militarily defeat the might of the Israeli state and liberate the Palestinian people from occupation.
You may also want to watch:
This latest conflict can only deepen divisions between working people in the Middle East.
Bush and Blair complain that Syria and Iran are backing Hezbollah but say nothing about the billions of dollars in loans, aid and military hardware provided to Israel by the US.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
And what about the Labour government's sanctioning of £23million of arms to Israel by UK suppliers over the last 12 months?
Neither the Israeli ruling class nor the rotten Arab regimes, including the repressive regime in Iran and the Syrian dictatorship, offer a way forward for working people.
The capitalist system of imperialism is horror without end; an exploitative system that brings oppression, wars, and poverty for the majority of people.
To permanently end the threat of war and terror we have to fight for the establishment of a socialist world run in the interests of the billions instead of the billionaires.
JOHN SMITHEE Kingsley Avenue Wisbech