FENLAND: Your previous correspondent has misunderstood what my husband said
ANNABELLE Fuller seems to have completely misunderstood my husband s letter (May 16). Fenland Council supplies three bins and very full instructions on how your food waste can be collected each week. You can wrap it in newspaper or use the paper bags supp
ANNABELLE Fuller seems to have completely misunderstood my husband's letter (May 16).
Fenland Council supplies three bins and very full instructions on how your food waste can be collected each week. You can wrap it in newspaper or use the paper bags supplied by the council offices to place in either your brown bin which is also used for garden rubbish or your green bin for general non recyclable waste.
We are lucky enough to have a garden so the food waste does not smell when mixed with garden cuttings. When this is all composted down it is available free to farmers.
I won't go into the scientific reasons for this as it might be a little complex for Fuller of Sunbury....however people in March seem to be very adept at grasping this concept. If they have no garden or are unable to use the brown bin for compost, the food waste will still be collected every week.
You may also want to watch:
I haven't lived in the area for long but am highly impressed with this European backed initiative, which is very efficiently carried out.
We are very impressed with the fact that the good people of Middlesex are so interested in our letters page. Let's hope we have been helpful to them.
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 3 Table tennis club 'bitterly disappointed' to be told to move
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Flytippers target same Fenland road two days in a row
- 6 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 7 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 8 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 9 Cafe to shut for good after eight years
- 10 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’