FENLAND: Why are councillors' declared interests not on the council's website?
GEOFFREY Harper stated Local government has particularly rigorous standards of transparency and accountability. Councillors must enter on a public register all their financial and other outside interests . Look at the FDC website and you will find that t
GEOFFREY Harper stated 'Local government has particularly rigorous standards of transparency and accountability. Councillors must enter on a public register all their financial and other outside interests'.
Look at the FDC website and you will find that these interests are in 'The Register is maintained and retained by Democratic Services and is available for inspection by appointment. Contact us to make an appointment'.
Very useful if you live locally and have the time but for 'housebound of Christchurch', or 'working person of Benwick', this is no use whatsoever.
Last year I emailed FDC and informed them that other councils use links in their web pages to councillors declared interests - on 21/7/08 Perry Holmes Democratic Services replied 'I shall put it on the agenda of the Standards Committee which has responsibility for promoting standards of good conduct including registration of interests'.
You may also want to watch:
Perhaps Geoffrey Harper would like to tell us 'in the interests of transparency and accountability' why nothing seems to have been done.
Or is it like MP's expenses - 'We are within the rules ' but indifferent to the spirit therein?
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 3 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 4 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
- 5 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 10 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47