FENLAND: We need to use college cash for training
I WAS horrified to read the stark news that Plans for the Fens Super College have been stalled .As recently as March 18 the Bank of England decided that it would print �75 billion of new money to get the economy going . UK unemployment has just passe
I WAS horrified to read the stark news that 'Plans for the Fens Super College have been stalled'.
As recently as March 18 the Bank of England decided that it would print �75 billion of new money "to get the economy going".
UK unemployment has just passed two million.
Wouldn't it be a good idea to use just a little bit of this 'new money' to honour the promises made by the Learning & Skills Council?
You may also want to watch:
Building the proposed College of West Anglia would immediately preserve jobs in our hard pressed construction industry, and through training offer greater opportunities for our youngsters.
Or has the �75 billion been created just to maintain the bonuses of the bankers who caused this mess?
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan