FENLAND: We need to use college cash for training
I WAS horrified to read the stark news that Plans for the Fens Super College have been stalled .As recently as March 18 the Bank of England decided that it would print �75 billion of new money to get the economy going . UK unemployment has just passe
I WAS horrified to read the stark news that 'Plans for the Fens Super College have been stalled'.
As recently as March 18 the Bank of England decided that it would print �75 billion of new money "to get the economy going".
UK unemployment has just passed two million.
Wouldn't it be a good idea to use just a little bit of this 'new money' to honour the promises made by the Learning & Skills Council?
You may also want to watch:
Building the proposed College of West Anglia would immediately preserve jobs in our hard pressed construction industry, and through training offer greater opportunities for our youngsters.
Or has the �75 billion been created just to maintain the bonuses of the bankers who caused this mess?
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 4 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 10 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph