FENLAND: Thank you for the article
THANK you for your article on my remembrance of my uncle Percy Sole of Chatteris, killed in France at the end of the First World War. I attended the two days of a Remembrance Festival put on at the church, by the Royal British legion and others, it was
THANK you for your article on my remembrance of my uncle Percy Sole of Chatteris, killed in France at the end of the First World War.
I attended the two days of a Remembrance "Festival" put on at the church, by the Royal British legion and others, it was a wonderful effort, made even better by the presence of four members of the loyal Gurkha regiment.
May I also praise the Chatteris council and community, for their forthcoming Christmas lighting preparations, already in place. My wife and I are regular annual visitors to see them and feel they are the best in Fenland.
DEREK AND PATRICIA SOLE
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Independent cinema forced to cancel film screenings due to vandalism
- 2 'Off they go!' - family friends cycle from Wales to Wisbech
- 3 Man assaults police officer whilst in possession of drugs on E-Bike
- 4 Fundraiser launched for funeral of woman who died of Covid-19
- 5 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 6 Freemasons donate £500 each to two local charities
- 7 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused