FENLAND: Thank you for the article
THANK you for your article on my remembrance of my uncle Percy Sole of Chatteris, killed in France at the end of the First World War. I attended the two days of a Remembrance Festival put on at the church, by the Royal British legion and others, it was
THANK you for your article on my remembrance of my uncle Percy Sole of Chatteris, killed in France at the end of the First World War.
I attended the two days of a Remembrance "Festival" put on at the church, by the Royal British legion and others, it was a wonderful effort, made even better by the presence of four members of the loyal Gurkha regiment.
May I also praise the Chatteris council and community, for their forthcoming Christmas lighting preparations, already in place. My wife and I are regular annual visitors to see them and feel they are the best in Fenland.
DEREK AND PATRICIA SOLE
You may also want to watch:
- 1 A 42-bedroom hotel with ballroom and set in three acres for sale
- 2 Councillor says MP Steve Barclay told Tories to return £10k lockdown grant
- 3 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 4 Meet the young carers whose work hasn’t stopped for Covid-19
- 5 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 6 Media 'mischief making' over council investments
- 7 ‘Hugging, kissing' in mayor’s pub –one of 21 Covid breaches
- 8 Paedophile exposed himself to mum near school
- 9 Assault on tax officials lands man in court
- 10 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'