FENLAND: Surprised to read that ex-pat Mat Taylor was still on council's payroll
TO borrow a phrase from one of our great comedians and a fellow Liverpudlian, I was more than a little discomknockerated to read in last week s Brakespeare, that Matt Taylor our ex-pat finance director is still on the payroll of Fenland District Co
TO borrow a phrase from one of our great comedians and a fellow Liverpudlian, I was more than a little discomknockerated to read in last week's Brakespeare, that Matt Taylor our ex-pat finance director is still on the payroll of Fenland District Council despite a replacement having been appointed in February.
To add insult to injury as far as the council tax payer is concerned, I then read of the suggestion that he be called in as a consultant for six weeks whilst on UK leave.
What is it about this bloke Taylor that makes him so indispensable to Cllr Harper and his team of yes men?
Is he some sort of Einstein?
You may also want to watch:
Is there no one, amongst the 38 councillors that makes up the ruling party in Fenland, with the guts to stand up and be counted on this issue?
Surely they don't all agree with this lunatic arrangement?
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 8 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires