FENLAND: Surprised to read that ex-pat Mat Taylor was still on council's payroll
TO borrow a phrase from one of our great comedians and a fellow Liverpudlian, I was more than a little discomknockerated to read in last week s Brakespeare, that Matt Taylor our ex-pat finance director is still on the payroll of Fenland District Co
TO borrow a phrase from one of our great comedians and a fellow Liverpudlian, I was more than a little discomknockerated to read in last week's Brakespeare, that Matt Taylor our ex-pat finance director is still on the payroll of Fenland District Council despite a replacement having been appointed in February.
To add insult to injury as far as the council tax payer is concerned, I then read of the suggestion that he be called in as a consultant for six weeks whilst on UK leave.
What is it about this bloke Taylor that makes him so indispensable to Cllr Harper and his team of yes men?
Is he some sort of Einstein?
Is there no one, amongst the 38 councillors that makes up the ruling party in Fenland, with the guts to stand up and be counted on this issue?
Surely they don't all agree with this lunatic arrangement?
- 1 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 2 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 3 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 4 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 5 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 6 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 7 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 8 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 9 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 10 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football