FENLAND: Surprised to read that ex-pat Mat Taylor was still on council's payroll
TO borrow a phrase from one of our great comedians and a fellow Liverpudlian, I was more than a little discomknockerated to read in last week s Brakespeare, that Matt Taylor our ex-pat finance director is still on the payroll of Fenland District Co
TO borrow a phrase from one of our great comedians and a fellow Liverpudlian, I was more than a little discomknockerated to read in last week's Brakespeare, that Matt Taylor our ex-pat finance director is still on the payroll of Fenland District Council despite a replacement having been appointed in February.
To add insult to injury as far as the council tax payer is concerned, I then read of the suggestion that he be called in as a consultant for six weeks whilst on UK leave.
What is it about this bloke Taylor that makes him so indispensable to Cllr Harper and his team of yes men?
Is he some sort of Einstein?
Is there no one, amongst the 38 councillors that makes up the ruling party in Fenland, with the guts to stand up and be counted on this issue?
Surely they don't all agree with this lunatic arrangement?
- 1 Town road to remain closed following serious crash
- 2 WEIRD NORFOLK: The local shoe shop haunted by a 'one-legged poltergeist'
- 3 Cyclists call bicycle plates and insurance 'unenforceable and unworkable'
- 4 Florida Ice Effect phenomenon could put drivers at risk
- 5 Students in Cambridgeshire receive ‘fantastic’ A-level results
- 6 Charity needs over 200 more volunteer vaccinators across Cambridgeshire
- 7 Head of sixth form at Sir Harry Smith ‘incredibly proud’ of students' A-level results
- 8 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 9 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 10 Cambridgeshire students set to receive their A-level exam results