FENLAND: Surprised to read that ex-pat Mat Taylor was still on council's payroll
TO borrow a phrase from one of our great comedians and a fellow Liverpudlian, I was more than a little discomknockerated to read in last week s Brakespeare, that Matt Taylor our ex-pat finance director is still on the payroll of Fenland District Co
TO borrow a phrase from one of our great comedians and a fellow Liverpudlian, I was more than a little discomknockerated to read in last week's Brakespeare, that Matt Taylor our ex-pat finance director is still on the payroll of Fenland District Council despite a replacement having been appointed in February.
To add insult to injury as far as the council tax payer is concerned, I then read of the suggestion that he be called in as a consultant for six weeks whilst on UK leave.
What is it about this bloke Taylor that makes him so indispensable to Cllr Harper and his team of yes men?
Is he some sort of Einstein?
You may also want to watch:
Is there no one, amongst the 38 councillors that makes up the ruling party in Fenland, with the guts to stand up and be counted on this issue?
Surely they don't all agree with this lunatic arrangement?
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash