FENLAND: Surprised to read that ex-pat Mat Taylor was still on council's payroll
TO borrow a phrase from one of our great comedians and a fellow Liverpudlian, I was more than a little discomknockerated to read in last week s Brakespeare, that Matt Taylor our ex-pat finance director is still on the payroll of Fenland District Co
TO borrow a phrase from one of our great comedians and a fellow Liverpudlian, I was more than a little discomknockerated to read in last week's Brakespeare, that Matt Taylor our ex-pat finance director is still on the payroll of Fenland District Council despite a replacement having been appointed in February.
To add insult to injury as far as the council tax payer is concerned, I then read of the suggestion that he be called in as a consultant for six weeks whilst on UK leave.
What is it about this bloke Taylor that makes him so indispensable to Cllr Harper and his team of yes men?
Is he some sort of Einstein?
You may also want to watch:
Is there no one, amongst the 38 councillors that makes up the ruling party in Fenland, with the guts to stand up and be counted on this issue?
Surely they don't all agree with this lunatic arrangement?
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award