FENLAND ROAD SAFETY: It's drivers not roads that cause accidents
ONCE again when there is a fatal accident on the A1101, between Ramper Corner and Parson Drover Lane we get people blaming the road; well the road is not very good, so any driver that s any good will allow for the road and drive carefully. You can t blame
ONCE again when there is a fatal accident on the A1101, between Ramper Corner and Parson Drover Lane we get people blaming the road; well the road is not very good, so any driver that's any good will allow for the road and drive carefully.
You can't blame the road for an accident which is caused by one or other of the people involved not being a good driver.
It's not roads that cause accidents just people not driving correctly.
I drove along that stretch of road for 40 years at least twice a day without once being involved in an accident.
You may also want to watch:
So until police are given more power to stop speeding and the courts hand out stiffer punishment there will be accidents.
There will always be idiots on our roads that cause accidents. A compulsory driving test for all over 70 would help.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 9 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
MR D STUBBS