FENLAND: Pot holes are so dangerous
I am writing in response to a letter published by Bill Wells regarding the issue of Wisbech roads and pot holes.It makes a refreshing change to hear someone have a consideration to motorcyclists and cyclists on the roads and the danger that pot holes pre
I am writing in response to a letter published by Bill Wells regarding the issue of Wisbech roads and pot holes.
It makes a refreshing change to hear someone have a consideration to motorcyclists and cyclists on the roads and the danger that pot holes present in and around Wisbech.
I fell foul to the problematic pot holes in the Wisbech St Peter's car park not long ago, the motorcycle bays there are full of large pot holes. My bike was caught in one and I nearly injured myself in the process as my bike got stuck. Luckily someone was there to help me.
Not only is the car park a disgrace, the roads themselves are an embarrassment to the area. The route form Cromwell Road to March has to be the worst road to ride on. The concrete is breaking up causing massive holes and uneven surfaces.
For the last 12 months all you have seen in the press is motorcyclists make 1per cent of road use but 31per cent of casualties.
Perhaps if the highways department fixed the roads it would save the lives of many motorcyclists from not hitting a pot holes and sliding into oncoming traffic?
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 3 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Yellows keep up league form while reds stumble for Wisbech
- 6 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
The only solution from many councils is to add more speed cameras and fine bikers off the roads.
For many people this is there only form of transport.
I am amazed at the contrast between Cambridgeshire roads to Norfolk, someone needs to deal with this problem before someone is injured badly or killed.
The highways department have not responded to my message regarding the pot holes in Wisbech and to honest I don't expect to get one.