FENLAND: Pot holes are so dangerous
I am writing in response to a letter published by Bill Wells regarding the issue of Wisbech roads and pot holes.It makes a refreshing change to hear someone have a consideration to motorcyclists and cyclists on the roads and the danger that pot holes pre
I am writing in response to a letter published by Bill Wells regarding the issue of Wisbech roads and pot holes.
It makes a refreshing change to hear someone have a consideration to motorcyclists and cyclists on the roads and the danger that pot holes present in and around Wisbech.
I fell foul to the problematic pot holes in the Wisbech St Peter's car park not long ago, the motorcycle bays there are full of large pot holes. My bike was caught in one and I nearly injured myself in the process as my bike got stuck. Luckily someone was there to help me.
Not only is the car park a disgrace, the roads themselves are an embarrassment to the area. The route form Cromwell Road to March has to be the worst road to ride on. The concrete is breaking up causing massive holes and uneven surfaces.
You may also want to watch:
For the last 12 months all you have seen in the press is motorcyclists make 1per cent of road use but 31per cent of casualties.
Perhaps if the highways department fixed the roads it would save the lives of many motorcyclists from not hitting a pot holes and sliding into oncoming traffic?
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
The only solution from many councils is to add more speed cameras and fine bikers off the roads.
For many people this is there only form of transport.
I am amazed at the contrast between Cambridgeshire roads to Norfolk, someone needs to deal with this problem before someone is injured badly or killed.
The highways department have not responded to my message regarding the pot holes in Wisbech and to honest I don't expect to get one.