FENLAND: New bus timetable is a joke
I WOULD like to say a big thank you to the person (or persons) at Stagecoach Buses or Fenland District Council for the first class way they have implemented the ercent changes to the bus time table. The 34 town bus now gets to Broad Street in time to miss
I WOULD like to say a big thank you to the person (or persons) at Stagecoach Buses or Fenland District Council for the first class way they have implemented the ercent changes to the bus time table.
The 34 town bus now gets to Broad Street in time to miss the connection to the 33 to Peterborough by 17 minutes, making for a wait of 43 minutes for the next number 33.
As the 34 is almost always late getting in to Broad Street, it usually manages to miss the Norfolk Green bus by a few minutes meaning a wait of roughly of one hour until the next connection to Wisbech or King's Lynn.
Whoever arranged these times obviously never travels by bus.
Also any senior citizen having a morning appointment at Peterborough District Hospital must now catch the 9.13am bus from Broad Street, thus not being able to use their bus pass.
- 1 Man alleged to have kidnapped child sparks heavy police presence
- 2 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 3 Fraudster rented out homes for cannabis factories worth over £300k
- 4 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
- 5 Man, 37, named as A14 death crash victim
- 6 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
- 7 Man suspected of touching child outside supermarket
- 8 Wisbech based Alan Hudson centre receives third outstanding award
- 9 Man who glassed another man in the head after a fight jailed
- 10 Second man charged in connection with Mihai Dobre murder
According to one bus driver, some councils allow the drivers to disregard this time and take the passes, but apparently our council is not one of them.
Finally the late town bus of the day leaves Broad Street at 2.45pm. Is it any wonder the shops are empty and the buses are underused?