FENLAND: New bus timetable is a joke
I WOULD like to say a big thank you to the person (or persons) at Stagecoach Buses or Fenland District Council for the first class way they have implemented the ercent changes to the bus time table. The 34 town bus now gets to Broad Street in time to miss
I WOULD like to say a big thank you to the person (or persons) at Stagecoach Buses or Fenland District Council for the first class way they have implemented the ercent changes to the bus time table.
The 34 town bus now gets to Broad Street in time to miss the connection to the 33 to Peterborough by 17 minutes, making for a wait of 43 minutes for the next number 33.
As the 34 is almost always late getting in to Broad Street, it usually manages to miss the Norfolk Green bus by a few minutes meaning a wait of roughly of one hour until the next connection to Wisbech or King's Lynn.
You may also want to watch:
Whoever arranged these times obviously never travels by bus.
Also any senior citizen having a morning appointment at Peterborough District Hospital must now catch the 9.13am bus from Broad Street, thus not being able to use their bus pass.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 5 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 6 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
According to one bus driver, some councils allow the drivers to disregard this time and take the passes, but apparently our council is not one of them.
Finally the late town bus of the day leaves Broad Street at 2.45pm. Is it any wonder the shops are empty and the buses are underused?