FENLAND: New bus timetable is a joke
I WOULD like to say a big thank you to the person (or persons) at Stagecoach Buses or Fenland District Council for the first class way they have implemented the ercent changes to the bus time table. The 34 town bus now gets to Broad Street in time to miss
I WOULD like to say a big thank you to the person (or persons) at Stagecoach Buses or Fenland District Council for the first class way they have implemented the ercent changes to the bus time table.
The 34 town bus now gets to Broad Street in time to miss the connection to the 33 to Peterborough by 17 minutes, making for a wait of 43 minutes for the next number 33.
As the 34 is almost always late getting in to Broad Street, it usually manages to miss the Norfolk Green bus by a few minutes meaning a wait of roughly of one hour until the next connection to Wisbech or King's Lynn.
You may also want to watch:
Whoever arranged these times obviously never travels by bus.
Also any senior citizen having a morning appointment at Peterborough District Hospital must now catch the 9.13am bus from Broad Street, thus not being able to use their bus pass.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 5 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 6 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 10 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
According to one bus driver, some councils allow the drivers to disregard this time and take the passes, but apparently our council is not one of them.
Finally the late town bus of the day leaves Broad Street at 2.45pm. Is it any wonder the shops are empty and the buses are underused?