FENLAND: Making money from cemeteries is wrong.
I THINK that we are all only too painfully aware that Fenland District Council leap at every possible opportunity to maximise their income. But their current bid to make more cash out of their cemeteries exceeds any of their previous poorly thought out
I THINK that we are all only too painfully aware that Fenland District Council leap at every possible opportunity to maximise their income.
But their current bid to "make more cash out of their cemeteries" exceeds any of their previous poorly thought out initiatives.
This is just taking advantage of people when they are at their most vulnerable - after a bereavement.
Perhaps our (in some part elected) representatives should remind the well rewarded management of FDC that they are there to serve us, from cradle to grave, not screw us for every penny they can, even after we die.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 6 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 7 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre